F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my SCT x4 in the mail today!! Woooo!!! Thanks Stage3!!!!!;)

And as expected from reading other posts I cannot get my device to talk to my windows computer.

I've installed all the drivers, and was able to update the firmware on the device directly through WiFi, but I cannot for the life of me get this thing to talk to my computer through SCT device updater.

Im running windows 7, I've seen a video on how to fix this on youtube but that didn't work.

I've restarted my computer several times and reinstalled the drivers and still no luck.:mad:

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts
i ran windows 7 with mine and it loved it !

not really sure whats up.
did you download and install the updater on the computer first then open that program and then plug in the SCT with USB 2.0 or 3.0

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ran windows 7 with mine and it loved it !

not really sure whats up.
did you download and install the updater on the computer first then open that program and then plug in the SCT with USB 2.0 or 3.0
Yup did that exactly. Not sure if my laptop has 2.0 or 3.0 can imagine it would make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you go into control panel and go to device manager and update your sct driver. you have to do that or it wont work.
Yup, a few times, will try again when I get back home.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried installing drivers again, no dice. On the way home while filling up gas tried to load the canned tune onto vehicle and got error 110AE "additional update required"

Ran update again through WiFi and unit was up to date.

Was able to run it in gauge mode and datalog though...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Device is being recognized by the computer as "iTSXDEVICE" not sure if that makes a difference

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, uninstalled all SCT software and drivers. Running windows updater now but that proved to be a challenge in itself.

Remembering now why I love Macs so much.

Will update with results, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Success!!! Ran windows updater all through the night, had some 128 updates to run apparently, lol.

Didn't realize this laptop hadn't been used in some 3 years and didn't have service pack 1 installed.

Reinstalled sct updater, installed the drivers and was able to connect and update the sct device!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Success!!! Ran windows updater all through the night, had some 128 updates to run apparently, lol.

Didn't realize this laptop hadn't been used in some 3 years and didn't have service pack 1 installed.

Reinstalled sct updater, installed the drivers and was able to connect and update the sct device!
holy crap, yea that will do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
holy crap, yea that will do it.
Having the same issue. Mine is up to date (windows 7) still no luck. So I tried on my Win10 box, first time go. So not dead in the water, but would still like my Win 7 box to see it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
did you go into control panel and go to device manager and update your sct driver. you have to do that or it wont work.
I know its like resurrecting the dead thread, but this helped and got my windows 10 computer to recognize the device and update it. I was starting to feel like I was dealing with superchips again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok so i bought a computer just for this when i did EFI live. Used it the one time for my last truck and now just pulled the computer out for this. It runs windows 10. Device updater will not recognize that the X4 is plugged in. This is frustrating because A. i haven't used windows in years. B. windows 10 seems to be pretty crappy layout as i can't even find things like the control panel anymore ? C. I just want to tune my truck ! haha If i just downloaded this program to the laptop, should it not be the latest version ?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Ok so i bought a computer just for this when i did EFI live. Used it the one time for my last truck and now just pulled the computer out for this. It runs windows 10. Device updater will not recognize that the X4 is plugged in. This is frustrating because A. i haven't used windows in years. B. windows 10 seems to be pretty crappy layout as i can't even find things like the control panel anymore ? C. I just want to tune my truck ! haha If i just downloaded this program to the laptop, should it not be the latest version ?

I had a few times where I had to back out of the program then open back up then when prompted to connect the device again. If that doesn't work it may be worth a try to uninstall the program and re-install it.
I'm pretty sure had issues after upgrading to 10 too, as said I think I also had to go into control panel and updated drivers.

Windows 10 isn't so bad once you get use to is, waaay better then 8 that's for sure.

To get to your control panel just right click on the little window in the lower left hand corner

·
Registered
36 Posts
I tried uninstalling and re installing. Restarted the computer a couple times and decided to call sct. They ended up connecting to my laptop remotely and found I was missing some drivers and for some reason I couldnt down load them so he copied and pasted them across to my computer from his. Good customer service. now that's done I can put that computer away for a few years lol. To put icing on the cake, with my luck Windows decided to do an update and restart. Before I talked to sct. Froze the damn thing up and took me almost 3 hours to get it so it would boot to the desktop again. That's the longest the computer has ever been used in its life lol. Back to the MacBook, it's going on 6 years old and never sank a dime into fixing the thing once and is still faster then most computers. Hope the ford runs like a Mac haha !

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Good to hear

1 - 20 of 25 Posts