F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a silly question ,,,,,, having read a number of concerns about moisture would Sea Foam help? Would it be safe to use in any case?

Another question on crew cab, do your seats lock when down or can you lift them up and then they lock up right

Finally, what is your opinion on intercooler grill

·
Registered
191 Posts
Moisture concerns are about moisture or condensation building up in the air to air intercooler. You would not want Seafoam in the intercooler. I recommend using Techron fuel system cleaner every 3rd or 4th tank. My seats do not lock down, but the lock in the up position. Intercooler grille is fine and might keep large piece of debris from knocking a hole in the intercooler. New intercooler is only a couple of hundred bucks. Just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Bob

·
Registered
114 Posts
Moisture concerns are about moisture or condensation building up in the air to air intercooler. You would not want Seafoam in the intercooler.
HTML:
  I recommend using Techron fuel system cleaner every 3rd or 4th tank.
My seats do not lock down, but the lock in the up position. Intercooler grille is fine and might keep large piece of debris from knocking a hole in the intercooler. New intercooler is only a couple of hundred bucks. Just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Bob
please explain , what this is and what this does

thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
please explain , what this is and what this does

thanks
Techron made by Chevron is probably one of the best fuel system cleaners on the market today. Good preventative maintenance to keep fuel system clean and engine deposits in check. I have no idea if it is available in Canada.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
SeaFoam and Techron are both good fuel system cleaners/conditioners. I use SeaFoam to lubricate the electric fuel pump in the hot rod with the non lubricating E85 fuel. However, since these engines are direct injection the fuel never sees the air until it hits the cylinders. No mixture passes through the intercooler.

My 2013 was also built in September 2012 and I've had none of the problems described here and the weather has been absolutely swampy for the past two months. In reading the reports on the issue it seems 95 out of 400,000 is a minute number in comparison. Having this happen to you with a semi tractor trailer bearing down on you would absolutely NOT be a minute problem to YOU, however! Hope they get to the bottom soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts