F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and getting ready to buy my first F150. I will be trading in my 2010 Nissan Titan. Got tired of waiting for the new gasoline Titan. To be honest though I will miss some of the features like the utilitrack tie down system in the bed. Many of the other features are now available on Ford like the 180 degree opening rear door, dampened/powered tailgate, spray in bed liner, etc.

My question is when to buy. I think I remember reading that the new generation Ecoboost 3.5 that is going into the Raptor with the 10 speed transmission may be available in the 2017 F150. Does anyone have any information on this? Seems that may be a worthwhile option to wait for?

Scott

·
Registered
5,019 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of things I miss about my Titan too but in all fairness it was the top trim level and my F150 is a basic XLT
My Titan has the NISMO dual exhuast and honestly I think I may miss the V8 rumble. I will not miss the 13mpg though. Thanks for the info on the engine!

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
My Titan has the NISMO dual exhuast and honestly I think I may miss the V8 rumble. I will not miss the 13mpg though. Thanks for the info on the engine!
I just got into a V8 rumble. Sure I miss some torque. But I'm loving my 20-24mpgs. & yes I drive like I stole this me also

Sent from my iPad Air using The app

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Don't all new F150 ecoboosts sound like a v8 inside the cab?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum and getting ready to buy my first F150. I will be trading in my 2010 Nissan Titan. Got tired of waiting for the new gasoline Titan. To be honest though I will miss some of the features like the utilitrack tie down system in the bed. Many of the other features are now available on Ford like the 180 degree opening rear door, dampened/powered tailgate, spray in bed liner, etc.

My question is when to buy. I think I remember reading that the new generation Ecoboost 3.5 that is going into the Raptor with the 10 speed transmission may be available in the 2017 F150. Does anyone have any information on this? Seems that may be a worthwhile option to wait for?

Scott
How long are you willing to wait? I've seen the same rumors about the Raptor transmission getting into the 17 F150's. But, just rumors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I remember reading that the new generation Ecoboost 3.5 that is going into the Raptor with the 10 speed transmission may be available in the 2017 F150. Does anyone have any information on this? Seems that may be a worthwhile option to wait for?

Scott
My last vehicle was a 2014 Cherokee trailhawk. That was the first year for the 9-speed in that and I can say two big things about transmissions with that many gears: 1) they're annoying as **** on the highway because even the slightest grade change forces multiple gear changes and 2) there were a lot of complaints about transmission issues from 2014s. I was lucky and never had problems but quite a few people I talked to had transmissions reflashed or even replaced. The ZF 8-speed is perfect in the ram and the grand Cherokee, but the ZF 9-speed was crap in my trailhawk. I'd wait until 2018 if you really want that 10-speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
--nate--
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing