F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i was seeking some help regarding my 2011 that broke the secondary timing chain and snapped the tensioner off the bracket. Is there anything i should be concerned about if i do a new head. I have scoped the cylinders and dont see anything concerning on the exhaust side that was not moving the cams. Im looking at abut a week out for a new head and have already got all the parts for timing from ford and i figure once the front comes off ill see if any other parts are damaged and just order or get them from ford anyways. Pics attached if i can get them to work.
Idiophone Musical instrument Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bell

Liquid Circle Pattern Metal Symmetry

Automotive tire Circle Tints and shades Font Pattern

Cloud Sky Astronomical object Circle Electric blue

· Registered
2,992 Posts
I think once you take the head off you will have a better view of those pistons. I'd be a little concerned about damage to the rods and wrist pin journals if you smacked the valves. Are you boosted? Mods? or is this on a stock truck? I don't think we've ever seen this type of failure before. Something may have been installed incorrectly for the mount to shear like that.

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,211 Posts
Looks like you’ll need a new head or a new front cam cap and get it line bored.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think once you take the head off you will have a better view of those pistons. I'd be a little concerned about damage to the rods and wrist pin journals if you smacked the valves. Are you boosted? Mods? or is this on a stock truck? I don't think we've ever seen this type of failure before. Something may have been installed incorrectly for the mount to shear like that.
stock truck, been runing 3.5 years i have been told its an odd failure i was taking a shot to see if anyone had seen this before. Ill get the head off and if no damage then maybe just replace and get the timing done.

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,211 Posts
How many miles on the truck?

· Registered
3,176 Posts
I’m thinking the chain took the mount out.

· Registered
2,992 Posts
I’m thinking the chain took the mount out.
Ahh yes.. Probably got whipped around that sprocket and sheared it it right off. I wonder how much rpm it takes for that to happen?

· Registered
2,992 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Boatwaco

· Registered
2,992 Posts
So it just gave out on a cold startup?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts