F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue 1:
Both keys work intermittently on the auto start feature and also lock/unlock have to hit several times. When the autostart does not work, itll either sound like it bumps the starter one short time or other times it honks the horn.

Issue 2:
There is a weird groaning sound coming from the transmission when it shifts between 2&3 and 3&4. It does not happen all the time, but does so quite frequently. I have read there is a TSB on this. Something about a plate causing vibration or something within the transmission.

Issue 3:
There is a clicking sound coming from the rear end of the truck. My 2012 did this and now my 2013 is doing it. It clicks 3-5 times when going from reverse to drive and from drive to reverse then you hit the gas it does it. It is my understanding there is a TSB on this as well. I think it is rear-end clicking sound TSB.

Issue 4:
This is my biggest concern. I tow a Ranger boat occasionally and tow a 6'x12' v-nose cargo trailer loaded with bicycles a couple times a week. Tuesday last week (21st) I towed the bike trailer locally and felt like a slug then last weekend I drove from Fort Worth to San Antonio. About an hour into the drive I basically had to floorboard the gas to get up hills. It had no power, almost like it was in limp mode. No engine light or anything. I pulled over, shut it off, started it back up, had power for about 1/2 mile or so, then it fell on its face again. I did this several times and it had power for a short time, then fell on its face. Did the same thing driving home Sunday afternoon. The CEL came on Friday and I dropped in at Autozone to get a reading and it was P0299 (underboost condition Turbocharger/Supercharger A). After I got home Sunday, unloaded the trailer, I had plenty of power. It seems to only do it when towing. After driving it Monday and part of the day yesterday, the CEL went off and I have had no issues and cannot replicate the problem. I will be towing the bicycle trailer this weekend and hope that it will reproduce. Some of the forums I have read is stating it is probably a wastegate or BOV or solenoid or sensor or even major knock causing it to go into limp mode. But it ONLY does this when towing a trailer that only weighs about 2,500 pounds loaded. I have not hauled my boat since then. It feels like my turbos are completely turning off.

I had it in for oil change and rotation on Monday, July 20th. It has not felt right since then at all.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
1) Check battery

2) The tsb you read is right and fixed the problem

3) Yes tsb again, lube splines on front and lube rear

4) check all connections first, could be a hose loose somewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1) Check battery

2) The tsb you read is right and fixed the problem

3) Yes tsb again, lube splines on front and lube rear

4) check all connections first, could be a hose loose somewhere.
What tsb is #2 and what parts are fixed or replaced?

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts