F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, but I've been impressed with all the help I've gotten by reading this forum. I had TSB 13-8-10 performed on my 2012 Ecoboost on May 5th, 2015 to fix the issue with the truck jerking when going uphill in 6th gear.

TSB 13-8-10, Date of Issue: August 28, 2013
ISSUE: Some 2011-2013 F-150 equipped with 3.5L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine and built on or before 7/29/2013 may exhibit a slight buck/jerk at steady cruise with the transmission in 6th gear and engine lugging up grades at 1500-2500 RPM.
ACTION: Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 86.02 and higher.

The PCM flash seemed to help the bucking in 6th gear issue. However, afterwards I noticed a severe lag (2-3 seconds) when quickly accelerating from a dead stop. It was much, much worse than before the TSB and still exists today. I fully understand that these engines will have a lag from the turbos, and I noticed the lag prior to the TSB, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is after the TSB. The spark plugs have been changed in the last 3000 miles (gapped to .030-.031) and while this improved the overall drivability, it didn't help the lag from a dead stop. Given that the TSB was released in August 2013 and I had the PCM update done in May 2015, I'm sure there were other updates included in the flash.

Has anyone else had this TSB done (or had their PCM flashed recently) and then experienced the same increase in lag from a dead stop? Is there a new PCM update that might fix this? My truck build date is 4/26/2012, it has around 52k miles, and my CAC part number ends in -AD (not sure if this is a "good" one or "bad" one) and it doesn't have any of the covers installed. Any info on how to help the lag would be appreciated!

·
Banned
508 Posts
Two things:
Perform KAM reset

OR

Throttle reset procedure. This is the key cycle procedure and gas pedal travel training to get the drive by wire system reconfigured.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts