F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the difference in stock shocks on the FX2 and FX4? On my lat 2000 F150 I added the same shocks as that years 4x4 to my 2WD (adjustable Rancho shocks) to help the ride leveling when towing a heavy boat and found out the overall daily drive was smoother too.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
What's the tongue/hitch weight of your boat trailer? I would have thought for towing the 2wd shocks would be just as good. Normally the 4x4 shocks are a little softer?

For example, the towing capability of the Ford Raptor with Fox shocks is quick a bit less (8000 pounds) then a FX4 with the max tow package. (11,300 pounds)

Another option would be an add-a-leaf kit like this one:
2009-2013 FORD F-150 2"LEVELING/LIFT KIT W/ ADD-A-LEAF | eBay

Auto Spring Kits now has available a front 2 inch spacer kit and rear lift add-a-leaf kit for the 2009 -2013 F-150 2wd or 4wd. This kit will raise the rear 1-1/2 inches and increase your factory carrying capacity an additional 950 lbs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall the weights; it was a while ago. The Rancho shocks were adjustable which allowed me to stiffen the rear to help level the ride slightly. I would dial them back to match the fronts in the off season. I was just wondering what the set up differences were now. I'm not planning to tow any time soon

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Boatwaco
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing