F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I am the future owner of an Ecoboost F-150. I know exactly what I want (Ecoboost w/ FX package). I am just playing the hunting and waiting game on a truck that meets my specifications and is within my price range <$30,000.

I came across this beauty yesterday and have talked to the dealer about it. He is on the other side of the country, but shipping won't be a problem. The ONLY problem I have noticed is the "branded title." Now I know what it means and that it has been considered a total loss by the insurance company, but I got the vehicle history report and also talked to the dealer and found out it was side swiped (not direct impact) on the drivers side. The side airbags went off. It was registered and driven in Colorado and I guess in Colorado if the airbags go off the insurance companies total the vehicle. The damage was relatively minor and didn't effect frame or anything important.

The truck is said to go through a full 150-point inspection and is basically good as new (minus "branded title/rebuilt")

My question is should I take the leap and purchase this? I can't test drive it as it's ~1,900 miles away, but can pay someone to do another inspection on it.

What do you guys think?

Here's the link:
Used 2012 Ford F-150 For Sale in Salt Lake City UT | Stock #: D68688

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Looks good. Great bumper. It is an FX but it had many other model pieces on it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely love the look of it. Just don't know if the branded title is going to come back and haunt me in the future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is scary to buy something that has been in an accident especially because you were not there when the accident occurred, the only see this beautiful finished repaired truck. I would definitely have someone else look at it maybe someone from a local body shop that can make sure that the frame has not been repaired and that the truck drive straight. The only time you are gonna run into an issue is on the resale value of the truck if and when you choose to sell it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hmm.. Yeah I dunno about that one. I would be careful. I don't think you would get any of the factory warranty either?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got my 2011 Eco lariat fully fully fully loaded super crew for 30k. I would have to say pass on that one. You can find them around that price and not holding a salvaged title. 30k is a bad deal , but that just my opinion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I could tell it has had paint work from looking at the pictures. Look at picture #5 (left front wheel well) you can see the red fog in the wheel well. Look at picture #9 (build tag inside driver door) it was not masked off very well cause you can see red paint on parts of the edges. I noticed these things before i read your thread about it having a "branded title". I would not think twice about passing on this one.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just my opinion, Pass On It.

There are some things that are unknown which could come back and bite you in the butt. Such as, will your insurance company insure a Branded truck...some won't. If somewhere down the road you begin to have problems with the truck, since is has been in an accident and is a "Branded Truck" there are many items that could be excused from any kind of warranty coverage due to the unknown. Ford spells this out very clearly that repairs caused by accident are void of warranty coverage....and trust me, they will use that clause if the opportunity presents itself.

Don't buy anothers problem, the initial price may look good, but what will be the over all inclusive cost?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why I came to you guys! Thanks for the help! I was almost dead set on getting it. You all had really good points. I'll just be patient and wait for the right one.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think you have made a wise choice to pass. You are going to start seeing a lot of leases comming up for sale in the near future and should be able to get a pretty good deal on a used one. Rebuilt titles typically become nightmares down the road. Keep us posted on your hunt.

SPPD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
SPPD
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing