F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here first post. I know there’s a ton of exhaust threads on here and I’ve read through a lot of them. I need some help deciding if the corsa exhaust is something I’m gonna be happy with. I love the sound in the sound clips but i can’t determine just how loud it is. I really didn’t want a loud exhaust but that corsa system sounds really good. Almost every sound clip is with a resonator delete, how much quieter is it with the factory resonator? Will I still get plenty of turbo whistle with it? The corsa is my top choice at the moment but I’m also considering an mbrp ecosleeper just because it seems tame. The other exhaust Im slightly interested in is the AFE Mach force 3 inch but there’s no videos anywhere on it so I don’t know how it sounds. Right now the corsa is my top choice but is it something I’m gonna buy and regret? I don’t mind slightly loud espically if I’m gonna get some turbo noise I just don’t want obnoxious loud.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
First off what year truck and engine? Depending on that if it’s a newer one you’re not gonna get much turbo whistle.

The Corsa is definitely one of the better exhaust I’ve heard for the (ecoboost) over the past seven years, SPD and AWE also have very similar sounding ones out.

If you’re willing to spend $1000 for mainly just a sound change that’s one of the better choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you have an 11-16, the Corsa DB with a resonator delete is going to be the best sounding setup you can buy.

Nothing compares in person to the amount of turbo whistle you get, while keeping the V6 sound at high RPMs to a minimum.

My biggest complaint with my new '20 is that I haven't found an exhaust setup nearly as good as my '11 had.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a 2015 3.5. How much of a difference does the resonator delete make? I’m probably gonna get the db just to save some money.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I installed Corsa exhaust on my last 4 trucks, I have had everything Touring, Sport, Extreme and Db. I love the look of the twin Corsa exhaust tips but not the Db slash cut tips. Especially like the Black chrome ones. They are pricey for sure but I was always happy with them. My 2014 Ecoboost had the Corsa with the resonator delete(extreme) and I loved the whistle it made. With the resonator left in it whistled a little at startup. I am currently truckless but my next one will have Corsa again. In the end your budget will have the most say in what you get. The AWE exhaust look similar to Corsa style tips so I like that too but have never owned one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and ordered the db corsa system last night. I’ve read hundreds of reviews and I can’t seem to find one review saying they didn’t like it. I got the db and the factionfab resonator delete from stage 3 to save myself some money it still wasn’t cheap. I agree about the twin tips looking better than the slash cut tips but for as expensive as everything was I tried to save myself some money where I could, maybe I’ll change the tip out eventually. I’ll update you guys on what I think of it once it gets here and I find a not so cold day to install it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The resonator delete is what gives you most of the whistle with just a touch more growl. I could not have been happier with my DB system and Ford resonator delete pipe. Best sounding eco combo possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got it on. Since the resonator delete didn’t show up right away I installed the corsa and on start up I kinda liked it after that I wasn’t thrilled. My wife came out in the garage and said “it sounds like a wanna be racecar”. Idle and very light throttle it sounded really good but after that it didn’t sound good in my opinion but it wasn’t overly loud so I liked that aspect of it. Tonight I got my resonator delete and got it on and after installing it I’m really happy with it. Idle and low rpm sound awesome without being too loud. Wot there’s still no mistaking it’s a v6 but overall I really like it. A lot more turbo noise and very deep sound. I now understand why everyone recommends with resonator delete with it. I wish it was a little bit quieter on heavy acceleration but the good outweighs the bad in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts