F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a 2013 fx4 with 2500km on it and this morning on way to the base I pulled out to pass and when I pushed peddle truck shuddered and died and check engine started blinking. Pulled back in and light went off and its fine since then. Is the code stored if I go to dealership with it?

Posted by my Droid

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would certainly think so,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seems like there are some issues with this if you search online... even some lawsuits. I was concerned reading all of this stuff so let's hope it's not still a major problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of people said its after long drive at constant speed mine happened in a 15 min commute lol. Not to worried I have lots of warranty

Posted by my Droid

·
Registered
335 Posts
Could be your rack and pinion and steering shaft. Here 170 pages to read..
ill save you the hassle. Ford will not accept the fact there could be and issue with the EPAS could be faulty.
There has been several part revisions since 2011 the first 3 haven't worked.Seems like the DZ3Z3505BE with and upgraded shaft as well BL3Z3B676A is the fix.
Ford has not released any TSB's , but it seems like there is numerous issues about this.
This thread has been going since 2011 and over 170+ pages with the infamous shuddering issue.if your truck is under warranty it is possible to get the fix, but you have to have your truck stock form. And seems like this issue is hit or miss.. Most people are reporting it doesn't happen all the time or happens so it maybe hard to replicate the issue while at the dealership. Going over a bumpy road seems todo the trick.If no warranty i have found both parts for under 1100 with a 400.00 core charge.

Steering wheel popping over bumps/rough terrain - Page 171 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

1 - 6 of 6 Posts