F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a shutter from the drivetrain when leaving from a stop. Only when the performance tune is loaded.

Also get a clunk when I go to pass on the freeway.

I was thinking U joint but it goes away when I flash back to stock or at least it's not as noticeable.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
5'7" or 6.5' bed? A lot of folks with the 6.5' bed have that issue due to axle wrap. The RoadMaster Active Suspension (RAS) is a better fix than anything your dealer would do. A tune amplifies the axle wrap problem because of increased low-end torque.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's a 6.5

Sweet looks like time for traction bars

Would the active suspension help with launching u think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Reactions: FastFreddy

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think I have the same thing happening. It's hard to describe. I would have said it felt like the brakes weren't releasing when I did. Kind of like a slight "grab". Feels similar to the hill start assist, but it happens all the time (even on flat ground).

This truck has several things going on that feel "off" to what I'm used to. All of them are slight, so I chalk it up to the computer doing things. Hope that's the case.

·
Registered
346 Posts
yeah, they have a tendency of doing that...:rolleyes:
Based on my experience, and OP's post, I think it has something to do with the converter lockup pressure. I describe mine as drive train lash or slack, but it IS more noticeable with the tune. Noticed it first with the SSI T4, and when I switched over to MPT tunes, I still get the same effect, which occurs about 40% of the time. Stock, it's definitely not as frequent or as pronounced. My dealer checked driveshaft lash, test drove the truck with me, and whatever minor lash we've felt was attributed to drivetrain wind up, as I was told. I was promised that next time I have a chance to drop the truck for a whole day, they'll pull the drive shaft, flush the fluid, check the splines, and reassemble. Maybe that will make the effect less pronounced. Probably at my first service call, they'll get to it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts