terrain
speed
weight
and on and on and on.

bottom line, don't expect anything over the 11-12 mpg range

·
Registered
219 Posts
Shouldn't be that great. Just throwing 2 motorcycles in the back of my truck drops the mpg by 2-3mpg. Although the hit shouldn't be nearly as bad as pulling a big boxy RV trailer. I get 8-10 pulling my 23ft toy hauler.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Yeah I am guessing it will 12-13.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Who cares... ha, ha... You are going out to play with your toy and I doubt you are going to let mpg's dictate that, right?

I get 9 mpg's towing my new TT but I still go out and enjoy it!

I just did my second trip with the new TT and ran 92 gas and still only got 9 mpg's, but found that it did seem to run better than with 87 gas the time before going over the same route, so dunno on it, but I think I'll run 92 when towing and 87 for daily driving.

Going off topic, but in the end, mpg is mpg and you get what you get so just deal with it or don't go... ha, ha!

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
41 Posts
Exactly 65 miles? lol

I average between 9 and 12mpg with my Travel Trailer. I just depends on the hills and if I keep it around 60 mph.

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you’re worried about the mpg’s you’ll get towing a toy, you either can’t afford it or bought into the eco hype.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
And I will add....I've talked to a lot of diesel/tow owners and their not getting high teens pulling heavy 5th wheels & or bumper pulls. In fact this one Cummins owner called bull shi* when I told him one of many ram minions said they wereI getting 15-20mpgs towing heavy-lol
Let me see...I tow a 38' 9k dry TT and get anywhere from 7-11mpgs depending on tow speed 😊....and I don't need to add DEF fluid every1-3k miles>win win

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you’re worried about the mpg’s you’ll get towing a toy, you either can’t afford it or bought into the eco hype.
It's not mine. I was wondering to see if I wanted to offer up to tow it for a road trip. It was a question for information, not about what I do with my money.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And I will add....I've talked to a lot of diesel/tow owners and their not getting high teens pulling heavy 5th wheels & or bumper pulls. In fact this one Cummins owner called bull shi* when I told him one of many ram minions said they wereI getting 15-20mpgs towing heavy-lol
Let me see...I tow a 38' 9k dry TT and get anywhere from 7-11mpgs depending on tow speed 😊....and I don't need to add DEF fluid every1-3k miles>win win
It amazes me how people fluff up their numbers. I had a Dodge owner tell me he got 17 pulling his 24' TT. Or diesel owners saying their trucks run 26mpg stock.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Pulling the same trailer with my old 6.0 diesel I got 10-12mpg. Just barely above my ecoboost. That's a motor without all the EPA non-sense of the new diesels. But they were known for crappy factory calibrations. A tuner would have improved that, but I doubt it would have gotten better than 12-14.

I did have a buddy I trust go from California to Colorado & back with his 2015 Ram 2500 pulling a 2-horse trailer where his computer said he was getting 17-18. But a horse trailer is a lot more aero efficient than a RV trailer. He gets 23mpg unloaded on the highway according to his computer so I could see that. Don't know how accurate his computer is. 23mpg seem pretty high for a 7,500# 4x4 truck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pulling the same trailer with my old 6.0 diesel I got 10-12mpg. Just barely above my ecoboost. That's a motor without all the EPA non-sense of the new diesels. But they were known for crappy factory calibrations. A tuner would have improved that, but I doubt it would have gotten better than 12-14.

I did have a buddy I trust go from California to Colorado & back with his 2015 Ram 2500 pulling a 2-horse trailer where his computer said he was getting 17-18. But a horse trailer is a lot more aero efficient than a RV trailer. He gets 23mpg unloaded on the highway according to his computer so I could see that. Don't know how accurate his computer is. 23mpg seem pretty high for a 7,500# 4x4 truck.
Diesel or gas? Either way it seems very optimistic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
SuperDave23
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing