F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their any exhaust type to silence the muffler so just pure air and maybe them turbos whistle somewhat louder, Like a performance silenced exhaust Or would it loose performance or whats up? Any feedback or opinions welcome. Don't even know if i made any sense lol..

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Every silencer will have an insertion loss, some more others less.

That being said, you can tune the baffles/baffle materials for the octave band(s) you're looking to muffle. Hiss is found in the higher octave bands and rumble is in the lower bands. I'd think the muffler that would fit your request would be tuned to block low frequencies...

I can select these all day long for large pieces of duct work, but unfortunately have no idea if you have that flexibility with automotive mufflers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The stock Ecoboost exhaust is 2.5" and is somewhat restrictive. Full Race makes a 3" exhaust that is considered one of the best and the resonated version is barely louder than stock. Here is a 5 part series on the Ecoboost that is very informative.

What is EcoBoost? Ford's new family of Turbocharged Engines...

·
Registered
373 Posts
If your looking for some extra turbo whistle, and a bit more power.. Look into doing a a cat-less down pipe and leave your cat back stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts