F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, i'm on F150Forum.com also with a build thread, just found this forum recently so figured i'd post up my build! Hope everyone enjoys!

I have a Silver 2012 F150 XLT ECO 4x4. Bought it in April '13 with 78 miles.

With living in Vegas, the first thing i did was got 5% Tint on all windows, and a 5% brow.

I removed the Ecoboost badges on the side because IMO theyre UGLY!

I then got a 4" custom Mandrel bent exhaust system installed, with a MBRP Diesel muffler.

Ordered a Carbon Fiber shorty antenna.

Old:

new:

I then ordered a Livernois Tuner (sorry no pictures) and a K&N Drop-In Filter (again, No pics). I installed a full LED interior and exterior lighting system. I highly recommend this to anyone, the difference is insane!!

Got some Harley Taillights to replace the ugly Chrome ones.
old:

New:

I ordered a license plate delete for the front, total sleeper lol. and some Rigid D2s in the lower bumper. Love Rigids!!

the last mod I did, was installed a Full Race FMIC. This thing is AWESOME! Even with being 100+ everyday in Vegas, this thing is ICE COLD. Spools up alot quicker i've noticed, and the truck just responds better in general.

Thats it for now folks, ill be posting as i add more stuff. hope you all like the truck!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would like to do the LEDs is there anyway you could send me a list of the bulb numbers that I actually need with quantity for the ones you show in the picture from behind the truck I already have the interior lights coming. Thank you for your help I definitely like the look of lights in your truck is coming out pretty nice.

·
Registered
537 Posts
With the Full Race intercooler sitting up in front of the radiator do you experience any over heating issues. Or any rise in water temps.

Was everything included in the kit or did you have to supply any parts IE: hoes, clamps, beer and so forth?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas! I appreciate the compliments! Ill get you the list of the lights, ill ask the guy I bought them from! As for the intercooler, it doesn't effect the radiator, the air flows through the intercooler. Even in the 105+ degrees everyday here in Vegas, all the trucks temps are normal. Ill be installing an Aeroforce Gauge just to keep track of everything, since the only thing that you can check is trans temp on the stock screen. Everything you need comes with the kit from Full Race. Its a direct replacement, so all brackets, clamps, ect is in it. It takes 3-4 weeks for them to build it as they build them to order.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't heard anything back on what lights are used, ill keep yall posted.

Just a quick update for everyone,I'm ordering MAK Downpipes this week as soon as I hear back from Adrian. Also ill be ordering a Grill Craft Black mesh grill, and a boost gauge with vent pod. Would it be beneficial to anyone to make a full write up on how to install the gauge?

·
Registered
27 Posts
how do you find reception with that antenna? my wife is not a big fan of the tall whip lol was it a plug and play application? just in case i find the reception weak its easy to switch back....

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I had a shorty antenna on my mustang and always had just as good of reception in the same areas as I did with my tall antenna.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a shorty antenna on my mustang and always had just as good of reception in the same areas as I did with my tall antenna.
thanks!!! yea that's the first thing she noticed on the truck and she definitely made it known she wasnt to keen on it lol i will have to look into this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how do you find reception with that antenna? my wife is not a big fan of the tall whip lol was it a plug and play application? just in case i find the reception weak its easy to switch back....
I haven't lost any reception or clearness with the shorty. Plug and play, unscrew the whip, screw in thw shorty. Easy as that! And it only cost $10 off eBay!

freaking nice. I think I might have to replace the interior lighting also, looks so clear
Thanks man! Definetly get the LEDs...the difference is insane!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered my Roush Boost Gauge and Vent pod. Should be here next week!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm still waiting to gear back from the fella. If you guys are a member of F150Forum.com, the guy I ordered the kit from is nickpatton_189. He's got a few different packages of lights. O got the premium package, which is interior, reverse, TBL, license plate.

On another note, for a quick update, I ordered my MAK Performance Downpipes and an AFE Stage 2 intake. Should hopefully be here this week!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got bored today and decided to tint the reflectors on the mirrors. Looks better than I anticipated.
f150.jpg front1.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well my AFE Stage 2 was waiting at my door step today. About to install. Will have pics shortly!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Your Build is coming right along! Looking Good!

SPPD

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Look what I got!

Now its installed and ready to go! What do yall think?

And just for fun, here is a picture of the current Forest Fire here in Vegas. as of yesterday it was 26000 acres and only 10% contained. We did get some rain today, so hopefully that helped. Now back to the intake, the install was a breeze, the only trouble i had was the final touches on getting the twin intake tubes lined up and perfect. I havent drove it yet, but from just startup and reving, it sounds awesome. you can really here the twins sucking that air in. Cant wait to get my Mak Downpipes in this weekend!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got my Roush Boost gauge and Vent pod today! Hooking it up now!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts