F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s a few that love Sirius XM. It’s free until December 5th according to the message I received in FordPass App.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
I dont like Sirius XM, I just don't have any better choices :ROFLMAO:

I think they are only slightly less slimy than cable companies/ISP's and Navient(the student loan company)

·
Registered
2022 502A, E350 4matic, JGC '21
29 Posts
Sirius XM is almost and antique at this point. but I have on all three autos. I believe sync 4 has some options for cellular type products like pandora - I just have not figured them out yet. now I would much rather use the vehicle than fool around with my phone all the time, too.

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sirius XM is almost and antique at this point. but I have on all three autos. I believe sync 4 has some options for cellular type products like pandora - I just have not figured them out yet. now I would much rather use the vehicle than fool around with my phone all the time, too.
They still have a few loyal followers. It was nice on the farm using it in the 2000’s but it’s hardly worth my time anymore.

Our old millwright/welder at the shop loves this channel. Red White and Booze channel, sometimes it has some good tunes on it. Sometimes it has some sappy country that makes your suicidal.

Reactions: tidefan1967

·
Moderstrator
2,393 Posts
I listen to SiriusXM in my truck 90% of the time, 10% FM.

Reactions: Roushracing1

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,670 Posts
If it's just me, it's an HD FM station I like that is local out here in the rural area. I don't know how they have the budget to broadcast as strong and clear as they do.

If traveling, I'm more an Audible book, Spotify, or Amazon Playlist listener.

If the back seat is occupied, I listen to whatever she tells Alexa to play. 😋 It's a rather short and repetitive list. I could write the lyrics to much of it.

(She'll be taking her first long ride with me tomorrow. 4 hours each way. I made some seat covers from Harbor Freight shipping blankets. Poked holes in them for the headrest stalks to go through and keep them in place)

Bottle Motor vehicle Window Water bottle Red

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I might be weird. I really like SiriusXM. The app has tons of extra channels and I can plug my phone into my classic car with a modern style radio and listen to it in there. I got tired of static FM signal and searching for good music on long trips multiple times. You can also go to Pandora Chanels on the app. SiriusXM isn’t perfect but as long as they renew me at promotional rate I’m good.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I like my XM

in the truck it is really the only thing that is playing. With the App, I play it in my 12 Mustang.
With that said, my 16 year old uses Spotify/Pandora or something like that to play music in the Highlander. Whenever I retire the truck …. I will probably retire the XM at the same time.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
If it's just me, it's an HD FM station I like that is local out here in the rural area. I don't know how they have the budget to broadcast as strong and clear as they do.

If traveling, I'm more an Audible book, Spotify, or Amazon Playlist listener.

If the back seat is occupied, I listen to whatever she tells Alexa to play. 😋 It's a rather short and repetitive list. I could write the lyrics to much of it.

(She'll be taking her first long ride with me tomorrow. 4 hours each way. I made some seat covers from Harbor Freight shipping blankets. Poked holes in them for the headrest stalks to go through and keep them in place)

View attachment 183704
Off topic but how is that seat. We are thinking about getting it for my parents house for when we go visit?

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
I wanna clarify my statement above. I do like the actual Sirius XM service. It works great and I have coverage virtually everywhere.

Their tactics are slimy. I don't like that I have to call them once a year to negotiate the price down by threatening to cancel.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,670 Posts
Off topic but how is that seat. We are thinking about getting it for my parents house for when we go visit?
She's been sitting in it for about 3 years now.
I'm not really knowledgeable about them, but she's never complaining.
I do wish the bottom and back didn't have thin/sharp plastic edges. I'd never cinch this down on unprotected fabric.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I wanna clarify my statement above. I do like the actual Sirius XM service. It works great and I have coverage virtually everywhere.

Their tactics are slimy. I don't like that I have to call them once a year to negotiate the price down by threatening to cancel.
I have to do the same thing. It’s a pain to do. But I won’t pay the full price. No worth it.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,602 Posts
I wish the sound quality wasn't doo doo, if it wasn't I wouldn't have canceled it. Wife loves it though so her car just got sirus renewed, and as Masshole mentioned I had the play the game with them to get it down to $60/year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I enjoyed listening to Sirius during the trail period after I bought my truck, but I ran out of the coverage area driving home to Alaska, so no sense subscribing. I had Prime and Apple Music anyway. When at home, I did sometimes enjoy listening to their select music channels that were available over Dish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like XM, and like all the others, We call every year to get the $5 a month plan for both our vehicles. Its a pain, but it works. For the $5 a month, its worth it. During the summer at our seasonal trailer site, we stream XM pretty much all day.

·
Moderstrator
2,393 Posts
I wonder if we could all get together and negotiate a group buy rate with SiriiusXM? Anyone ever done similar negotiations?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I guess it’s time to renegotiate. $5 per month for two receivers? They are a bottom feeder company to deal with charging whatever they can get away with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess it’s time to renegotiate. $5 per month for two receivers? They are a bottom feeder company to deal with charging whatever they can get away with.
If it makes a difference, we are in Canada. But yes, we are currently paying $5 a month for both, whether that is a mistake or not on their part, i'm not sure. But it works for us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts