F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning and I hit the gas to pass another car and the skid control light came on and I lost power. I backed off the gas and the light went off and I slowed down and then tried it again and it was fine. Weird:confused: Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Might if found a soft spot in the pavement or there was some gravel that the tires spun a little on? Figured since you've had it out for some dirt time you knew what happened when the TC kicks on...I've had this happen a few times on dry pavement when I go for a quick acceleration with a slight turn. Might be making one of the corners light enough for a little spinning that engages the TC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I always turn off AdvanceTrac when I drive. It feels more powerful without it... Whether its mental or physical is irrelevant! I'm sticking to my story!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always turn off AdvanceTrac when I drive. It feels more powerful without it... Whether its mental or physical is irrelevant! I'm sticking to my story!
I agree, that is what I have been doing also. But I did not pay $45K to have to turn things off in order to have a truck that does not lose power whenever. I know there are complaints about a shutter and loss of power in damp or rainy conditions, but this happens whenever. I guess I have a choice either turnoff the Advance Trac and live with it or take it to the dealer and complain.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yeah if the system detects any wheel slip or over powering surges it interupts and reduces power in less than a heart beat... Unless you turn off the nanny controls you can more than often trigger it.

I am with 311 in that I always turn it all off when I am push the truck hard and trying to pass (on good road conditions). Like I said before in other threads I really wish Ford would give us the Raptor button (upfitter switches would be sweet too but baby steps here) that way its a one button push and you are rolling like a skined ape down the road.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's not a problem the system did exactly what it is designed to do.
Simply turn it off with the button or turn it off via a tuner and it won't happen again.
My MACH1 has Tracy control and it is permenately disabled via my hand held SCT tuner.
If you can't drive a rear wheel drive pick up wo Tracy control get a Subaru.
Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
Excellent idea, what would be sweet is if they could code it in an SCT Livewire touch screen, or equivalent. I don't think we are going to find anyone who will write the code for disabling it as a default though. I sure wouldn't.

Edit: Just saw previous post, so maybe SCT does offer this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
More Power Tuning out of Orlando Florida the guys that did my tunes offer it in there tune form you fill out for your custom tunes. They don't recommend it at all but they will do it for you if you requested. If it was just me driving my truck all the time I probably would've opted to have it shut off but since my little brother sometimes takes my truck (without me knowing) I opted to have it on. And yes it is done through my SCT Livewire or any SCT programmer, I'm sure all the programmers have access to turning it off.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
To me it is a fail safe. I am an aggressive driver, but drive to the limits of my vehicle. I turn it off when I need to, but it has saved my tail on more than one occasion, on the other Fords. Haven't had it make a correction on this one. Maybe I've just slowed down. I'd be moving to react and the problem is already fixed. The roads up here can be nasty and there are many spots that don't have guard rails that probably should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not a problem the system did exactly what it is designed to do.
Simply turn it off with the button or turn it off via a tuner and it won't happen again.
My MACH1 has Tracy control and it is permenately disabled via my hand held SCT tuner.
If you can't drive a rear wheel drive pick up wo Tracy control get a Subaru.
Don
I only drive rear wheel drive vehicles. I hate front wheel drive. I would not create a post because the truck was operating properly. I have never had a truck act like this, but that being said I have also never had 31x12.5x20 MT's either. That could be more the culprit then slick, wet or loose gravel on the road. Conditions here in So Cal are pretty dry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts