F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

341 - 360 of 389 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Are you running a catch can?
On the old setup I had one and took it off since it didn't catch a thing. Double checked the instructions and it was setup right. New setup will run radium dual catch cans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
You sure? There's no way nothing would be caught lol. That could have damaged. Maybe bad PCV.

Seems like there are a lot of variables here. I am not going to factor your case into a problem scenario.

Excited for new engine.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Lol. Yeah, the rear view is the rear view.

You CAN look at it, but it's got very little value other than possibly a learning moment. :)

(For me, it's a legendary college of hard headedness)

New day. New everything. :)

Even new truck! For all practical purposes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
On the old setup I had one and took it off since it didn't catch a thing. Double checked the instructions and it was setup right. New setup will run radium dual catch cans

I have the FR and it doesn't catch much but it does a little in winter. I think the way to keep an ecoboost healthy is not taking it easy on them. They like to be under load and burn off all of that nasty stuff!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I have the FR and it doesn't catch much but it does a little in winter. I think the way to keep an ecoboost healthy is not taking it easy on them. They like to be under load and burn off all of that nasty stuff!
The FR can in stock form does not reference the manifold, so it only has some things pull through it in boost. The other set ups are always pulling, which is why we get so much crap.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I think the way to keep an ecoboost healthy is not taking it easy on them. They like to be under load and burn off all of that nasty stuff!
I can't prove your theory. But I certainly approve of applying it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The FR can in stock form does not reference the manifold, so it only has some things pull through it in boost. The other set ups are always pulling, which is why we get so much crap.
That makes sense. I did have a gutted PCV valve and still didn't notice too much. Inside my VCs looked great. I know that at least lol

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
@Boostking got me the initial tune and all the parts showed up to Jerry's! Just a waiting game now :D

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #349 (Edited)
Spoke with John and they've got started assembling the block to put into the truck! I'm shooting for about a month and a half for the truck to be done but John is saying way less things are about to get interesting for me!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
I love this part we have accessories on!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Spoke to John and I got the final invoice! We're getting closer! Can't thank John, Jerry and Ryan enough for everything

I should be getting more pictures throughout the next few weeks until it's home with me

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Ordered a Cirlcle D 2b with the help of Ryan last night! John said it makes sense to replace it since it's a simple swap with how it is now. I'll worry about building the trans later but I'll be happy with the new converter alone I think

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Sweet! Glad you're seeing some progress!
Thanks! Hope to see it done soon! Can't wait to get her back and take it for a nice long drive home. I'll be able to see what my mpg is from a 4 hour and 270 mile drive home with the 258mm 2b converter

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ordered a Cirlcle D 2b with the help of Ryan last night! John said it makes sense to replace it since it's a simple swap with how it is now. I'll worry about building the trans later but I'll be happy with the new converter alone I think

If that’s the same converter I got I would go with a lower stall. Mine was too much unless your building a straight track truck

Trans would constantly overheat in traffic and even with the Full Race trans cooler it still got up there occasionally. Luckily I never had to tow with the truck but I’m assuming had I needed to it would’ve been a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts

Sweet, I am really happy with mine. My stock converter was a bit "loose". I think Ryan is ordering yours up the same as mine with a near stock stall.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Sweet, I am really happy with mine. My stock converter was a bit "loose". I think Ryan is ordering yours up the same as mine with a near stock stall.
Nice! What stall did you go with? Have you seen an increase in trans temps or mpg hits? How driving with it?

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Nice! What stall did you go with? Have you seen an increase in trans temps or mpg hits? How driving with it?

It's a 2500-2700 stall. No increase in temps, but I put in a Saudi cooler at the same time. I can't say much about MPG as I made too many changes to really know. Drives a lot like stock, but it holds better while accelerating and really helps performance from a dig.

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
It's a 2500-2700 stall. No increase in temps, but I put in a Saudi cooler at th time.can't say much about MPG as I made too many changes to really know. Drives a lot like stock, but it holds better whilaccelerating and really helps performance from a dig.
We did that stall for yours so it would not flash all the time with those turbos. 71:63 different animal
Really glad you like the stall, and it is working out for you. Sometimes they take a little revision.

341 - 360 of 389 Posts
About this Discussion
388 Replies
24 Participants
sleipnir
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing