F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Found a deal good deal on a 2014 appearance package/tremor white grille with painted black bars :D I always wanted the platinum bumper and when I saw this picture I knew I wanted that one! The white wont match perfectly but I plan to wrap the truck anyway.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Oh she baaaaddd...

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Lol.

Post #14 :

"I am looking for reliability in this build rather than making power and I am ok with 440hp trust me that's still plenty fast."

Now there's a closed deck longblock with EFR's and tubular manifolds on an engine stand, fixing to get STUFFED into the bay.

I have right at that original desired 440RWHP.
I ain't gonna be challenging you. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks! Hope to see it done soon! Can't wait to get her back and take it for a nice long drive home. I'll be able to see what my mpg is from a 4 hour and 270 mile drive home with the 258mm 2b converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just stay away from cruise control 😊

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Lol.

Post #14 :

"I am looking for reliability in this build rather than making power and I am ok with 440hp trust me that's still plenty fast."

Now there's a closed deck longblock with EFR's and tubular manifolds on an engine stand, fixing to get STUFFED into the bay.

I have right at that original desired 440RWHP.
I ain't gonna be challenging you. :)

Haha snake you saw where this was headed months ago Reliability is still my main thing for this build but the power has been a nice bump. Next time I'm on your side of the state with this we'll have to do lunch or something

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #366

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Haha snake you saw where this was headed months ago Reliability is still my main thing for this build but the power has been a nice bump. Next time I'm on your side of the state with this we'll have to do lunch or something

Absolutely!

As for reliability...... Those first few seconds/minutes are the scary part to me!

The longblock itself is far from fragile. It's got the best guts you can put in it.

But air/fuel/timing and OIL PRESSURE are determined by external factors. All of which MUST behave within certain parameters or even the most robust motor is vulnerable to injury.

(OK, oil pressure is internal and you aren't dry sump or Gen2 variable, so less to worry)

I'm not intending to cause worry, but there's SO many pieces bolted on to these dang TT VVT motors. Lol

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
Absolutely!

As for reliability...... Those first few seconds/minutes are the scary part to me!

The longblock itself is far from fragile. It's got the best guts you can put in it.

But air/fuel/timing and OIL PRESSURE are determined by external factors. All of which MUST behave within certain parameters or even the most robust motor is vulnerable to injury.

(OK, oil pressure is internal and you aren't dry sump or Gen2 variable, so less to worry)

I'm not intending to cause worry, but there's SO many pieces bolted on to these dang TT VVT motors. Lol

I don’t recommend this if the project is a big financial project in your life, as it carries more risk. Break it in like you stole it

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
I'm pretty ignorant all around, so seek further input lol. But I've read, heard, and possibly seen that steady rpm's during break in are not good for seating the rings.
Oh then I dont think I need to worry :D John and Jerry will be breaking this motor in for about 7500 miles

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Good ol’ Italian tune up

You and I both know if Jerry doesnt break it I'll be good 🤣

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Little more beat up then they made it out to be but I can have a shop color match and redo the black bars in a black matte finish

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
More shots with the gold foil now! Tifosi is chugging along great!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Thanks guys! All the pictures are coming from Eric at Tifosi! Man is amazing with an iPhone hopefully they have this up pretty soon and from what I can tell they will have it done soon enough

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
361 - 380 of 389 Posts
About this Discussion
388 Replies
24 Participants
sleipnir
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing