F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

381 - 389 of 389 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
All that pretty gold foil makes a very good case for cast aluminum valve covers. ;)
I tell you hwat ;) It's on a bucket list item :D

Tremor grill? Good choice, best grill.

Please take the gold **** off the valve covers and coil packs...... lol.
I would but I dont want everything to burn up plus I'm not the one putting the foil on. It does seem a little excessive but I'd rather be safe than sorry and trust what John and Jerry are doing.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
That's what you get for putting those two FIRE BREATHING snails on top! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I tell you hwat ;) It's on a bucket list item :D

I would but I dont want everything to burn up plus I'm not the one putting the foil on. It does seem a little excessive but I'd rather be safe than sorry and trust what John and Jerry are doing.
If would be much more beneficial to control the heat at the source, with heat wrapping the manifolds and turbo blanket on hot side.

Let us know if you have issues with the MSD coil packs.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
If would be much more beneficial to control the heat at the source, with heat wrapping the manifolds and turbo blanket on hot side.

Let us know if you have issues with the MSD coil packs.
We do have turbo blankets but I dont think heat wrapping the manifolds is going to help keep heat down. Ive always heard mixed things and that it can eat manifolds if not careful. Some people swear by them some dont. I had my i6 header on my 67 c10 heat wrapped and didnt notice any issues though.

I had the MSD on the old motor and didnt give me issues but let's see how they hold up here and if I am going back to motorcraft. Or maybe I should get some granatelli 🤣

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
That's what you get for putting those two FIRE BREATHING snails on top! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I know when you get that motor back from Ryan you'll have them on. You may say no now but I know it'll happen 😂

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I think you should go back to motorcraft coils. I’m sure my words are falling on deaf ears but the more OEM ish you can keep things the better. There have never been problems with their coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
I think you should go back to motorcraft coils. I’m sure my words are falling on deaf ears but the more OEM ish you can keep things the better. There have never been problems with their coils

Yea I've heard hit or miss with msd coils so I figured I'd give these a shot before going back to motorcraft. If they work great if not then should be an easy swap

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Yea I've heard hit or miss with msd coils so I figured I'd give these a shot before going back to motorcraft. If they work great if not then should be an easy swap

My MSD coils have been working well, but I’m not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
My MSD coils have been working well, but I’m not holding my breath.

Yea I wont hold mine either but if it works out then I am all for it 😁

381 - 389 of 389 Posts
About this Discussion
388 Replies
24 Participants
sleipnir
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing