F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

521 - 540 of 574 Posts

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
Hope that resolves all your concerns. Really wanting to see this build be a complete success.
Thank you sir. Me too! I’m hoping the converter isn’t going to give me a bunch of issues and I can get it checked out this week because next week I’ll be on a business trip. I don’t see lonestar throwdown happening though. Too much to do to get it ready in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Thank you sir. Me too! I’m hoping the converter isn’t going to give me a bunch of issues and I can get it checked out this week because next week I’ll be on a business trip. I don’t see lonestar throwdown happening though. Too much to do to get it ready in time.

Feel free to DM me for my cell. I didn’t do the EFR kit, but did most everything else you did, so can usually help out with any questions.

I think you’ll get it sorted out and enjoy the ride, some times the experience of the journey is part of the fun.

·
Vendor
7,242 Posts

It is probably the offset not being checked. They supply washers and ive never had to use them but you have an early model so they must write to check it and supply washers for offer adjustment for a reason. My guess is your model year or something like that

·
Vendor
7,242 Posts
Figured out some of the smoking issues other than flipping the passenger side turbo drain fitting. The catch can had a big kink in the intake manifold hose so I rerouted the plumping. Not too keen on the shape of the catch can but at least it’s doing its job. Next is draining some oil and having it tested at black stone to make sure there’s no bearing material. Also while I’m in there I’m going to swap the drain line fittings

How it was

How I fixed it

What’s with the scratched fittings and the scratched can? I shipped that brand new

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Feel free to DM me for my cell. I didn’t do the EFR kit, but did most everything else you did, so can usually help out with any questions.

I think you’ll get it sorted out and enjoy the ride, some times the experience of the journey is part of the fun.

Thank you sir I appreciate it. I’ll reach out once I figure out next steps. Today I’m going to be swapping the extension for the drain and getting an oil analysis

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
What’s with the scratched fittings and the scratched can? I shipped that brand new

The fittings might’ve been me but the piece missing on the bracket was like that when I took delivery

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
It is probably the offset not being checked. They supply washers and ive never had to use them but you have an early model so they must write to check it and supply washers for offer adjustment for a reason. My guess is your model year or something like that

I hope not but I did rent a boroscope so I’ll shoot you some pictures later to see who’s right.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
When I pull the trans dipstick is it supposed to be gushing fluid out?

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
When I pull the trans dipstick is it supposed to be gushing fluid out?

Nope, shouldn’t be. You will want to take about 2 quarts out of it with a small hand pump and get it up to temp and then check the level. Sounds like it was over filled, which isn’t hard to do.

Sometime this

Or this (just put a longer piece of line on the pick-up and you’ll have more flexibility)

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
Nope, shouldn’t be. You will want to take about 2 quarts out of it with a small hand pump and get it up to temp and then check the level. Sounds like it was over filled, which isn’t hard to do.

Sometime this

Or this (just put a longer piece of line on the pick-up and you’ll have more flexibility)

Yea I checked the level and seems to have been overfilled. I have one of those hand pumps so I’ll see or go to a quick lube and have them drain some out.

Do you think that’s why the trans is leaking from the weephole?

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Yea I checked the level and seems to have been overfilled. I have one of those hand pumps so I’ll see or go to a quick lube and have them drain some out.

Do you think that’s why the trans is leaking from the weephole?

Yes, if it overfilled, it could be coming out of the weep hole.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Also, just to state the obvious, make sure you are on level ground or a slight nose down (think stock take).

·
Vendor
7,242 Posts
Also, just to state the obvious, make sure you are on level ground or a slight nose down (think stock take).

Level meaning 40 deg slope not 1* deg or flat

·
Vendor
7,242 Posts

Sometime this

Bot one is fine

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
Followed the procedures to a T when checking it. Do you guys think maybe there was an air pocket and that’s why the fluid shot out like it did? Might explain the leaking out the weephole if there’s pressure

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Followed the procedures to a T when checking it. Do you guys think maybe there was an air pocket and that’s why the fluid shot out like it did? Might explain the leaking out the weephole if there’s pressure

It is possible, I can’t even remember where the vent on top is. I remember it venting to just behind the motor

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
If you drove it and the trans got to 195 plus for a little bit and now you're right between B and A when it is cold, you're golden. When it gets hot, it expands and would be at the top has mark. Clean up the leak and move on.

521 - 540 of 574 Posts