F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

601 - 620 of 654 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
I am led to assume you have had a less than pleasurable experience and would not recommend? I am trying to reason with how so many things got overlooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truck is back in my possession and that's all I have to say about it publicly. I am working through the things now to correct them.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
Got a new tune today and datalogged it. Truck backfired hard when trying to pull. Sent them to @Boostking to review but I think I saw a fuel pressure dip when trying to push it.

It did make 66.93#/min though just not very gracefully.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
So the "racing oil" is just break in and then youll be back to "normal" oil after?

Also, fuel problems.... you have upgraded fueling?

I hope you solve your problems. Thought everything was well with the build.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
So the "racing oil" is just break in and then youll be back to "normal" oil after?

Also, fuel problems.... you have upgraded fueling?

I hope you solve your problems. Thought everything was well with the build.
I was running a breakin oil first and then switched to the one below. I guess its just a better performing oil until I transition to Amsoil Signature Series.

This is the oil I am running for 1500 miles:

I have a very upgraded fuel system. Twin Walbro 255 in the tanks, with a return system and Radium Engineering fuel pressure regulator. I also have a XDI-35 up top and a spec C cam lobe which gives me a 20-25% bump with the HPFP. I think it's just little things that are going to take time to fix. I need to drop the tank and figure out how to wire the second pump up. Luckily, I bought the kit from @RMB_Ryan so if I get stuck, he'll give me a kick in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
Got feedback from the datalog yesterday. Good news is, @Boostking did get the torque source 18 to stop which allowed the throttle to open. Bad news is, it seems to have allowed a lot more boost. So much so that the boost pid is pegging out. We are over 22.47 psi.

Got a new tune and config file for datalogging so I will datalog it once I get new plugs in tomorrow or Friday. Had to special order them from Summit because not even the dealership sells Ford Performance Racing Plugs I need. My current plugs are pretty fouled out. The one I pulled was dry thankfully so I'll check each plug to make sure we dont have a bad injector anywhere.

Ford Performance Parts has a range of spark plugs to meet your performance needs. Designed for use in engines operated at sustained high rpm or with higher-than-stock cylinder combustion pressures, these plugs are made from quality materials and are designed to provide the spark that you need to fire up your Ford.

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Is that the old 542's?

And you can't be too surprised at the efforts required to "dial in" that EXTENSIVE build you have. Lol

Quite the deviation from what the Ford pcm was originally managing. You surpassed the plug&play line of demarcation, wherever that is actually drawn. (for my lowly way of thinking it's CLEARLY new rules when you go to those exhaust manifolds, if you know what I mean. )

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
Is that the old 542's?

And you can't be too surprised at the efforts required to "dial in" that EXTENSIVE build you have. Lol

Quite the deviation from what the Ford pcm was originally managing. You surpassed the plug&play line of demarcation, wherever that is actually drawn. (for my lowly way of thinking it's CLEARLY new rules when you go to those exhaust manifolds, if you know what I mean. )

I don't believe they are. It's a "racing application" plug made for higher combustion pressures. But hey I've been wrong before

Yea I'm not too surprised about how long this is taking just wishing I was done. Soon...

The turbos do wanna run I tell you hwat. Still trying to see when we start crawling

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #609
Hey so how's the exhaust note? I know you were curious what it'd sound like, are you satisfied with the noises?
Yea I have to say the exhaust note is pretty good. Sounds way deeper than my old setup but was hoping to hear more turbo whistle. Maybe I just need to do a resonator delete and that'll change it up. At WOT it can get a little raspy but I like the sound. I'll try to get some clips of it later

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
Well changed the plugs yesterday and seems to be better. The old plugs were fouled out but weren't wet just sooty. Dropped the tank and I can see how the fuel pump is wired and what needs to be done to wire the second pump.

Right now the trigger wire is a add a fuse under the passenger fuse panel in the door. Needs to be ran all the way back to the tank and tapped into the yellow/gray wire.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
Positap should be here today too but I won’t be tackling the other pump just yet. I want to call Radium and ask them some questions about the current setup for the second pump

Look of the old plugs:

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #614
Went and regapped the plugs to .26 today. Took it for a test ride and could smell gas. Pulled over and the feed line to my hpfp wasn't tightened down all the way and was gushing gas. Lost around 4-5 gallons it looks like. Yikes!

Luckily I keep spare tools in the truck so tightened it down, let the fumes mitigate some and was on my way.

Will be getting new tires in the AM. Got a buddy who works at Ford and got me a good deal on some Nitto NV420v. Going to do a 275/55/20. Was at a 305/50/20 but want something more OEM. I did see a 12th gen SCAB with 275/55/20's and they fit really well in the wheel wells. I'm big into offraoding and would've went back to a K02 10ply but I need some grip in the rain and want the truck to start really handling on the street with good tires.

Thinking of doing a 3/5 drop with helper bags in the back so a street tire is a must

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #615
Found the vent tube assembly from Ford for the broken vent tube I made on Friday. $102 later and it'll be here Wednesday. Yeesh

Part number: 9J279

Also ordered a vent hose assembly for my rear axle since the clip won't stay in the frame any more

Part number: 4A058

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
I want to see the 0-60 time! Open it up!

Once we start dialing in the tune then I will definitely open it up 😁 I am working on getting the second pump wired up correctly and putting new drain lines on and I think the truck will be 100%. Gapping the plugs to .26 really really helped the performance of the truck. It's much more responsive when I step on the throttle.

It's just a colder range plug, it states. 66lb/min...i think youll have enough to beat me
Also says for higher combustion pressure engines. Not sure if that applies to me with this motor but I am sure @RMB_Ryan would know. 66lb/min and it is backfiring at the top end of WOT. Just wait until it's healthy and running at peak performance 🙃

I want something that will have more hp than the current Shelby Super Snake. Magic number to beat is 755hp.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #617
New tires are in

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #618

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Yea, that GT is the only good sounding 3.5EB I've heard. Otherwise, make mine quiet please. :)

That car is stunning. It's probably a bias, but since I was a young lad, the Pantera, GT40 original, GT40 of 2005, and the current GT..... They touch a visual button of my soul.

601 - 620 of 654 Posts