F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

621 - 640 of 656 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #621
That GT is beautiful but have you ever wondered what your truck would look like with a camper shell? lol
I keep telling my wife I want a shell so bad and that you never see them around. Well she likes to point out every F150 with a shell just to prove a point 😂

Yea, that GT is the only good sounding 3.5EB I've heard. Otherwise, make mine quiet please. :)

That car is stunning. It's probably a bias, but since I was a young lad, the Pantera, GT40 original, GT40 of 2005, and the current GT..... They touch a visual button of my soul.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It sounded really nice too and it has air ride. It was super low and then all of a sudden you heard a rush of air and the whole car goes up a couple inches on its own. Was unreal.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
Started notice real world MPG start to go up.I think I picked up at least an MPG with the new tires if not more. Plus they're super quiet. Not saying my K02's were loud but I can tell a difference for sure.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Also says for higher combustion pressure engines. Not sure if that applies to me with this motor but I am sure @RMB_Ryan would know. 66lb/min and it is backfiring at the top end of WOT. Just wait until it's healthy and running at peak performance 🙃

I want something that will have more hp than the current Shelby Super Snake. Magic number to beat is 755hp.
With more boost/power, you will create more heat. A colder plug removes heat better, that is all.

Check NGK 6510. That is one step colder than stock, may be cheaper than Ford Performance.

I remain on stock because I am not seeing any issues with tips.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
Well wired the second pump in today. Finally had time after this busy work week to take half a day and do it. My neighbor let me borrow his transmission jack so I could lower the tank down easier. I had to run to the auto parts store for fuel line, hose clamps, 18awg wire, butt connectors and zip ties. Took the blue feed out from the passenger fuse panel where it wasn't getting a signal to all the way back to the tank and in the trigger wire for the fuel pump. This way both pumps will run the same at the same time and at about half their duty cycle. Ive already noticed I went from 500 miles to e on a tank to now 600miles on a tank. My mpg went from a solid 12.6mpg on the highway going 70-75 to now 16mpg+

At wot it doesn't sputter as much which might mean I need to increase the fuel pressure regulator from 62 to 90psi. But overall it's doing way better just from my initial testing. I'll need to datalog this and see what the numbers say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
It's less truck and more space ship, as I watch.
OK, a bit of exaggeration, but my point isn't.

It's so NOT OEM. Not the truck you road in the first day of ownership.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
It's less truck and more space ship, as I watch.
OK, a bit of exaggeration, but my point isn't.

It's so NOT OEM. Not the truck you road in the first day of ownership.

Heh definitely not the truck I rode in on. Now that the pump is wired all that's left is to do the oil drain lines. Then the truck will be 100% mechanically and then it's a matter of tuning.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #630 (Edited)
Bingo. Ordered them off amazon for about $10. Thanks to Ryan for suggesting them. It made it so easy to splice and tap it. Mpg definitely has improved and I still need to adjust my rev/mile so it could be better. I went to a smaller all season tire and haven’t adjusted the speedo

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #631
Thinking of lowering the truck. Anyone have thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
That's quite a swing for you, no?

Kinda the opposite of Raptorizing a truck. Lol

I've never done it. But it is mildly appealing. Maybe more than mildly if you go strong at handling prowess and not just looks

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
That's quite a swing for you, no?

Kinda the opposite of Raptorizing a truck. Lol

I've never done it. But it is mildly appealing. Maybe more than mildly if you go strong at handling prowess and not just looks

Yea kinda the opposite of what I planned. Maybe I'll bring it down then bring it back up when I get board of drag racing it. I have plans for a good 3/5 drop from VAS fab with Viking shocks and coilovers. I gave them a call and theyre in Houston and could take on the project. They do them all the time they said. Now I just need to pay off debt, save for kids school and retirement and then I'll drop it

I thought you already flipped that switch?? (Decided to go street mode)
I'm on the fence but the more I see dropped trucks I get the itch to drop it. I could always take it back up after but I have to see if I want to sell that raptor suspension or hold onto it

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
Just did a datalog pull and made 72.55#/min. Still bogs down at WOT and fuel cuts off so more tuning is needed. Once I get a clean run this thing will be mean.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
Adjusted the fuel pressure regulator to 80-84psi. It's feeling quicker and quicker with every tweak I do. Talked with BK and the puffs sounds like knock and the throttle is at 82degrees which is 100% open. Could be hitting clips and closing the throttle but he's looking into it. He thinks the throttle is closing to limit torque. The updated tune will have the torque sources back to stock numbers and see from there

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
You must have a wide open space somewhere convenient to WOT with that much fuel/air?

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
I live on the out skirts of town and have some really nice highways and feeders to go play on. I've got almost a perfect quarter mile of feeder that has no exit ramp for a while. Plus this Corona virus is keeping a lot of people off the streets right now

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I only asked because even with just a tuned stock Turbo truck, it only takes a very short length of time to reach handcuffed speeds! Lol

It's kinda hilarious that these are pickups.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
I tell you hwat. I haven't had this much fun with a vehicle in a long time.

621 - 640 of 656 Posts