F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

861 - 880 of 936 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #861
Coil is out for delivery and should be here in about an hour. Waiting on the rest of my stuff too to get here.

My O2 harness shipped too and will be here Thursday

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
Coil installed and guage is working. Everything seems to be good based on the shakedown run I did. Now I can finally start datalogging and send them to @Boostking

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #864
Don't over-tighten it like my father did :(
The plastic valve covers can't handle much torque, and there's an o-ring on the fitting so it seals without hulk strength.
Oh yea I stop when I cant turn anymore but do go at it like hulk on the short bus.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #865
Some datalog highlights from this morning. @Boostking should have some spice for me soon.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Why do you need a wideband gauge? We have that built into our facotry o2 sensor and can monitor on tuner.

Also why are you looking in Excel? Look at the graphs, way easier to review and watch while you're driving.

Circle d is who i used for my transmission. They are top notch but expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
Why do you need a wideband gauge? We have that built into our facotry o2 sensor and can monitor on tuner.

Also why are you looking in Excel? Look at the graphs, way easier to review and watch while you're driving.

Circle d is who i used for my transmission. They are top notch but expensive.
Wanted the guage for my ownself. Yes I know the handheld could do it but this is a cool guage to me.

I'm use to looking at Excel sheets and I'm just showing numbers for a specific point. Also, how do I do graphs?

Yea they are THE place to go for trans rebuilds and I can drop it off to them with it in the truck

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #868
From @Boostking :

Make sure all your pipes are connected tightly cause **** is about to get real.

Let’s see what this does. Watch the boost. I don’t want to see more than about 22 psi right now.
Loading the tune up now and going out shortly

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #870
It's honestly always a good feeling when he emails me back lol

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
22 on those top mount EFR's

What is that compared to say Gen2 oem in lbs/min comparison?

That's gotta be packing a punch, no?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #872
22 on those top mount EFR's

What is that compared to say Gen2 oem in lbs/min comparison?

That's gotta be packing a punch, no?

We're gonna find out😂

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #873
So didn't have time to datalog tonight but wanted to get first impressions. Still making 40#/min but now holding 15 psi rather than spiking 15 psi. I can definitely feel that the torque throughout the power band has gotten way better. A little bit of gas when I first left my street had me surprised. Going to datalog this week and send them to BK.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #874
@SlowGen1 @mtxpert why do I want to lower this thing 🧐

A full vas specialties 4/5 setup with air lift helper bags

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
For the same reason towm8r is being tormented?

Seems it's contagious

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #876
For the same reason towm8r is being tormented?

Seems it's contagious

Man it's just so much cheaper to drop it vs buying new lifted suspension dollar for dollar

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Wanted the guage for my ownself. Yes I know the handheld could do it but this is a cool guage to me.

I'm use to looking at Excel sheets and I'm just showing numbers for a specific point. Also, how do I do graphs?

Yea they are THE place to go for trans rebuilds and I can drop it off to them with it in the truck
I am not sure what you're doing. You can load a file to your SCT that will data log without laptop(1 run at a time) or you can just run laptop. It will show you chart and gauges when you open the SCT software and "connect" to vehicle.

Then you can see lamda on each bank. I would watch that, fuel rail pressure and knock. If those are all solid, you're doing pretty good

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
I am not sure what you're doing. You can load a file to your SCT that will data log without laptop(1 run at a time) or you can just run laptop. It will show you chart and gauges when you open the SCT software and "connect" to vehicle.

Then you can see lamda on each bank. I would watch that, fuel rail pressure and knock. If those are all solid, you're doing pretty good
Ah ok. The only thing that was new to me was the "connect" to vehicle. I'll have to play with it but having a laptop in the truck would be tough without a mount.

I watch fuel rail pressure and knock on my sct device now so should be good there. I want to do a 3 pod pillar with ethonal, fuel pressure at the regulator and oil pressure.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Ah ok. The only thing that was new to me was the "connect" to vehicle. I'll have to play with it but having a laptop in the truck would be tough without a mount.

I watch fuel rail pressure and knock on my sct device now so should be good there. I want to do a 3 pod pillar with ethonal, fuel pressure at the regulator and oil pressure.
You just put laptop on passenger seat.

Again, you can load a datalog file to the x4. Have tuner send it over. Then under settings you can show how many icons you want to display on screen.

You need to do some research lol. All those gauges are a waste.

861 - 880 of 936 Posts