F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

881 - 900 of 936 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
You just put laptop on passenger seat.

Again, you can load a datalog file to the x4. Have tuner send it over. Then under settings you can show how many icons you want to display on screen.

You need to do some research lol. All those gauges are a waste.
BuT HoW cAn I lOoK cOoL?

I have a datalog file I use on my x4 now that I use to monitor. I thought you were going to show me something that would blow my mine 😅

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #882
I bought a windows capable tablet for when I was data logging extensively and loading tunes often. It made the process a little easier than having the laptop riding shotgun.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
A Windows tablet wouldn't be a bad idea actually. Find one cheap enough and use a good mount to use in the truck at all times.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
A great tablet is easy
A great mount? Not so much.

Been looking for years. Regardless of budget, I have still never found anything that tickles my fancy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Administrator
11,064 Posts
I'd look at RAM mounts. I never got one, but they have some stuff that looks like it'd work well to me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #885
I found a 3D printer file of a mount that looks promising. It's meant for a 10 inch fire tablet but I'm sure you can adjust the dimensions to work with any tablet size. I took a shot at adjusting it in CAD and I have a new found respect for CAD drawers. I still can't figure it out. Going to ask my BIL or a buddy to help me out.

I have in mind a 10 inch fusion 5 tablet off Amazon for my tablet of choice

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #886

Heres the file

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
To clarify my earlier statement, I have found many mechanisms that I could attach a tablet to, but short of a full blown articulating passenger side floor mounted mast, I haven't ever found anything that would let me place the tablet in a convenient position that I want, but still allow me to move it out of the way when I prefer to.

I DO know exactly what it would look like and how it would mount, but I'd have to fabricate it.

It would mount to the dashboard tray anchors that we all have and would be all aluminum and machine quality articulation. Really simple, elegant, and fold away nicely in/on the tray when not holding the tablet.

Ironically there are some vehicles that have an amazing aftermarket for these kinds of things, but not the F150.

Offroad adventure types that use a JEEP as their platform have some amazing cockpit apparatus designed to hold electronics.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts

Heres the file
I LOVE the simplicity!

And the location for the tablet is almost exactly what I intend, except it can swing to bias the driver and be flipped up horizontal for access to the dash behind it.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #889
Yea I'm trying to make adjustments to the tablet I'm going to use but having a time. BIL and buddy aren't able to help me out so I'm going to try my luck. Unless someone on here is good at AutoCAD. I have some tweaks I'd like to do.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #890 (Edited)
Well I managed to make my adjustments myself and confident enough to pay for a test print. I adjusted the mount to fit one of these tablets. Should be the perfect datalog setup. Also angled the mount 17.3* (thanks for the idea @snakebitten) which should be perfect for the drivers view. I need to order the tablet still and see if it fits. Should be about a week and a half before it’s here.

Whatcha guys think?

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
That's crazy cool

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #892

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
BuT HoW cAn I lOoK cOoL?

I have a datalog file I use on my x4 now that I use to monitor. I thought you were going to show me something that would blow my mine 😅
If you have the file set up on the x4, do a pull and then pull over and load it to your laptop and check it out or again just keep laptop running on your passenger seat. You need to learn how to read the graphs of your pull, im telling you the excel you are not getting close to the ful picture. It has too many data points. On the graphs, you can click the line where you go WOT and check all the data. There is no need to go through a mount and all that becuase you can't look while doing a pull unless on a dyno. You can get into detail and set up digitial gauges on the SCT stuff on laptop that will move to red color based on parmeters you set.

Your mount on dash, you can hang out with Brian O'Conner 😂

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #896
Well started smoking pretty good today after the freeze. Truck sat for 3-5 days and I just started it today. Looking at the milage I'd say it's ready for an oil change. Already ordered amsoil and a Ford filter.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #899
I don't think it's a turbo seal because RMB would've caught that. It's literally when I'm at idle it's a 50/50 of either it'll be no smoke or literally choking out the cars behind that didn't turn their inside air on. I haven't tried the restrictors yet but my German aren't here yet and I bought these off Amazon but scared to try.

Yes I have both coming. Mama didn't raise no fool

Boost Monkey AN4 to M12x1.5 Straight Adapter Oil Restrictor TD04 Turbo Oil Feed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078M3YNK...abc_REXVMTQXKPBCFBFN222N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #900
Did the paper towel truck and seems like it's just condensation and oil. No coolant or anything.

Installed some oil restrictors and waiting to see how it goes. Saturday I have some fittings and gauges coming in to see how much oil pressure I have. If it's over 40 psi I am going to install a turbosmart opr before the distribution block and tap the drain probably at the pan.

Waiting on my oil to get here hopefully Saturday too to do it all in one day.

881 - 900 of 936 Posts