F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 F150 Eco FX4

Went to get an oil change and was told there looked like there was a leak coming from the transmission. Took the truck to a mechanic to look at and mechanic says there is a slight oil leak coming from the back right cylinder head. Said he spoke with a local dealer and the dealer said there is no gasket there and the whole head would have to be replaced. Mechanic said the part alone is about 1500-2K. Does this sound right? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry nobody responded to your post in the last couple months, however mine has a leak in the same place. I think that it is the valve cover gasket, and have the replacement parts, just haven't done it yet. Actually had the leak for more than a year, was annoying when a drop or two hit the turbo and stank. So what I do is put a folded up piece of paper towel in there to catch any of the oil that is trying to drip down. has worked fine, but I have to change it out every couple weeks depending on how far or hard I drive the truck. I'll get around to changing the valve cover gaskets, and let you know what I find.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Sorry nobody responded to your post in the last couple months, however mine has a leak in the same place. I think that it is the valve cover gasket, and have the replacement parts, just haven't done it yet. Actually had the leak for more than a year, was annoying when a drop or two hit the turbo and stank. So what I do is put a folded up piece of paper towel in there to catch any of the oil that is trying to drip down. has worked fine, but I have to change it out every couple weeks depending on how far or hard I drive the truck. I'll get around to changing the valve cover gaskets, and let you know what I find.
Just seen this post... My guess it's either the cam cover, or the vacuum pump, which is bolted to the back of pass side cylinder head.
I doubt the head itself is leaking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
on mine, I replaced the vacuum pump seal, but still leaks up there. I'll dig into it soon when my Tesla arrives and have something else to drive while I'm putting some TLC on the truck. will report back. the probability that the head is leaking is very low, I would think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts