F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 15 3.5eco is driving real sluggish I am not sure if its a real problem, or if its because I have been driving like a old man. If its old man then I guess it learned to drive sluggish because of how I have been driving, and that can be re flashed I think. so the issue is not just sluggish but also when in low RPM and luging the motor it feels like its not smooth power its like skittish sluggish power. not quite like the eco shutter. if its not because I am driving like a old man, could it be I need a catch can? I don't think its the CAC only because its a 15 and that thing is way down low in the bumper. could it be plugs? I also just changed my oil royal purple 5w30 I don't think its that but? any ideas or help would be cool, thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am not lugging it, its doing it its self, its in auto transmission I am not shifting it so it changes when it wants lol
it feels under powered just not as sharp or just sluggish

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Try doing a kam reset if you haven't already

·
Registered
728 Posts
First - you need to do the KAM reset.

Then what 15boost2.7 was trying to say is the pedal on the right for the throttle needs to be FLOORED then drive it like you STOLE IT! Well, maybe not so literally. If you go around driving like you are a 90 year old woman who can't see the road the truck will learn to respond accordingly. Get on it some (such as entrance ramps for the interstate, or like you are passing someone) and the computer won't learn bad habits and treat you like a grandfather out for a Sunday stroll in 1920.

·
Registered
752 Posts
^^^This right here. Also, has it been rainy/humid? I have found my truck runs sluggish when the air is warm and humid.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Romp on it a bit. Maybe just needs to get woken up again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it kills me to drive like this but half awake and 5m to work does not leave much room for fun, I guess get it out on open road and just wot runs then

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check all the connections on the high pressure side of the intake. If any of these connections has come loose and leaking the engine will run but very weakly. It does not take much to lose most of your boost if there is a leak. This used to be a fairly common issue when Ecoboost engines first came to market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
try re calibrating the accelerator peddle. Turn the key to on (not start) Slowly press the peddle to the floor, let up on peddle and turn the key off. Repeat 2 more times then start it.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
17 Posts
The Procedure DavisB described is the KAM reset procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts