F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just picked up my new project. Ford has stepped up and is offering a smart phone controlled remote start/alarm system that is presumably plug and play. I have one in hand and will be doing the install soon. From what I understand it will need to be programmed at the dealership's service center once its installed. Of course I will report back with progress and results.:cool:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
First update. Its FRICKIN' HOT. OK? I'm not going to be playing around in this ungodly heat. I did manage to locate all the mounting locations and wiring harness routes for the system. It won't take long to actually install. Ford and Code Alarm got that right. It is safe to say that its so easy that a caveman can do it.:) One thing I am unclear/unsure of is whether or not this system will send alerts to the phone if the alarm is triggered. That will be easy enough to figure out once it is in. I also see that there are options to self program the unit so it may not be necessary to have the dealer program it...I said "MAY NOT", that is still uncertain. Now to muster up some courage to face this heat.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I was going to look into an aftermarket system when one of the parts techs told me about this. Can't wait to hear what you think about it. I've had Viper SmartStart in the past, so I hope it's similar. Anyway, what's this thing called 'Hot'? It's currently 50 or so degrees here in AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to look into an aftermarket system when one of the parts techs told me about this. Can't wait to hear what you think about it. I've had Viper SmartStart in the past, so I hope it's similar. Anyway, what's this thing called 'Hot'? It's currently 50 or so degrees here in AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Yeah I was contemplating the aftermarket and the Viper system would have been my choice. This thing called HOT is the opposite of that imaginary thing you folk call Snow. Well anyway it is installed. Didn't take long at all. Just a matter of 14 or so minutes. I did what I think is the manual programming. I am currently on hold with AT&T. AT&T has to resolve a $139 overcharge on my bill. It took them 45minutes and a transfer to international to get it resolved. Now that its done I will activate the cell plan for the remote-start/alarm. Unfortunately I have to go get dinner ready so this may end up on the 'tomorrow' list. I'll report back when I have new info/news.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I just picked up my new project. Ford has stepped up and is offering a smart phone controlled remote start/alarm system that is presumably plug and play. I have one in hand and will be doing the install soon. From what I understand it will need to be programmed at the dealership's service center once its installed. Of course I will report back with progress and results.:cool:
where can I get one!!! i would love this

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where can I get one!!! i would love this
I got mine from my dealership's parts department. On the box it says 'Remote Access Kit' and the part number is DL3Z-19G364-A. The Parts Manager emailed me the installation instructions. I also had to get a 'TPM Antenna Kit', part number DA8Z-15603-A. It is unclear as to whether or not all trucks will need the antenna kit. Its possible that you may have this part on your truck already depending on what keyless/alarm/remote start system came with your truck. This is a brand-fricken-new option and the parts people don't have much info to share.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you so much, I'm going to be ordering mine I already called the dealer this morning I'm going into pay for it so they can get it in asap it looks pretty awesome I'm excited about it. Can't wait to hear more about your experience with it and how it really works.

Reactions: dbleem

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back from the dealership and everything is working flawlessly. One of the benefits of the system is that it is a full alarm. It seamlessly integrates with the keypad. You can arm the alarm system with your keyless entry remote (my truck came with keyless entry only), keypad, or cell phone and you can disarm it with either of these methods regardless of how you armed it. I have the system sending me email notification when the alarm is triggered and that is working nicely as well. I will set up the SMS/TEXT notification as well and report back. The interface that the app provides is neat and simple. If I were a camper I'd be a happy camper.:) It actually takes longer to do the programming and set up than it does to install the unit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How much was the system? And it works with the stock alarm? I have factory alarm and remote start 2012..

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How much was the system? And it works with the stock alarm? I have factory alarm and remote start 2012..
Its 100% compatible with the factory keyless entry so I would think that it would integrate with any FACTORY alarm system since they all use the same wiring harness. I posted the part number earlier in the thread, if you search on Ebay with Ford (part number) you will get a couple of options. The best price so far is $419 shipped. Some trucks will also need an antenna that lists for $30.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK this thing is awesome. My family and I are in New Hampshire. My parents who live near our house is dog sitting for us. My Dad needed to get some more dog food but couldn't find his key. He called to ask if I had one hidden and I used the smart-phone system to unlock my truck so he could get my garage door opener out of my truck. From New Hampshire. I locked the truck back when he closed the door and my father, who is not easily impressed, was impressed. Yep, it's pretty freakin' awesome.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I checked and parts.com has the DL3Z19G364A kit - remote start for $433.90 before shipping.
The aerial assembly part number DA8Z15603A lists there at $24.15.
Shipping is $68 with a total of about $529...

1 - 20 of 124 Posts