F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Got some time today to install the Smittybilt M1 Grill. I love the way it looks but man is it a bear to install. Plus I hated having to cut into a week old $50k truck! Dealer wanted $400 to install and I laughed...but now I understand why. I won't be doing this again anytime soon.

Attachments

Looks good. I was considering that style. But!
The guys at the local Line-x have them on their trucks.
It was a nice sunny day with the sun shinning towards the grill and I noticed that you could see all the parts behind the screen.
They really stood out with the sun shinning into the grill.
That's when I decided to buy the ford paint-able grill and paint it mat black.

Damn man....I had to buy a brand new (PTM) FX grille from Ford, pay someone to paint it, and cut the center out....still got my almost new chrome grille for sale....:cool:

Discussion starter · #5 ·
This install isn't for the meek at heart. It takes some skills. Scariest thing is prying the grill off the front locking tabs. I hate prying and pulling against plastic tabs. So afraid they'll break. Lining everything up takes the bulk of time. Start to finish for me was around 3 hours.

This install isn't for the meek at heart. It takes some skills. Scariest thing is prying the grill off the front locking tabs. I hate prying and pulling against plastic tabs. So afraid they'll break. Lining everything up takes the bulk of time. Start to finish for me was around 3 hours.
Yeah...for what it's worth....I had a buddy help me that has done a lot of them. I was shocked that we got my original grille off without breaking a tab. Ford has that thing way over-engineered IMHO.

Damn man....I had to buy a brand new (PTM) FX grille from Ford, pay someone to paint it, and cut the center out....still got my almost new chrome grille for sale....:cool:

View attachment 9126

Hey what kinda light bar is that?? Is it on a 2WD?

It's a KC bar and yes 2WD. Better pics on my build thread.

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.