F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of their Smittybilt Street Lightbar installed? I want to get one soon and place 4 Rigid Industries Duallys (a pair of floods & a pair of spots).

How should I place those lights though? Should the spots be in the center with the floods on the outside? I'm not sure about the configuration of the lights.

2009-2014 F150 Smittybilt Street Light Bar (Black) 130050

Reactions: Rallen306

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Since you are looking to put both on your rig, what if you got a spot/flood or hybrid spot/flood? It would eliminate the need for the Smitty Built bar and allow you to mount it behind the grill. 3" fits perfect, but you could make a bracket to fit between the two. Just an idea. I started with a spot/flood and now have a 20" Single Row Spot/Flood in addition to the two others. The other set of Duallys is behind the grill. I still have some rearranging to do...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396556825.924519.jpg

Edit: sorry it's not a Smitty Built! It's an Arc Rite. And it's not a bar...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GeneralSantaAna

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of their Smittybilt Street Lightbar installed? I want to get one soon and place 4 Rigid Industries Duallys (a pair of floods & a pair of spots).

How should I place those lights though? Should the spots be in the center with the floods on the outside? I'm not sure about the configuration of the lights.

2009-2014 F150 Smittybilt Street Light Bar (Black) 130050
I'm still trying to figure out the look that you're going for. Are you wanting a bumper mounting bar similar to the one I have my round lights on?

Pretty much anyone's 30" bar is all but a direct bolt-in between the grille uprights behind the factory grilles of these trucks.

EDIT: I think I get it now, but yeah you don't need that bar to mount 2 pairs of Rigid 3" square lights unless you just want to. Pinero61 will be your resident placement/aiming expert.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes yes! Sorry I haven't replied. I've been busy with state testing for my students (STAAR testing). I want that bar because it isn't bulky.

I'm still trying to figure out the look that you're going for. Are you wanting a bumper mounting bar similar to the one I have my round lights on?

Pretty much anyone's 30" bar is all but a direct bolt-in between the grille uprights behind the factory grilles of these trucks.

EDIT: I think I get it now, but yeah you don't need that bar to mount 2 pairs of Rigid 3" square lights unless you just want to. Pinero61 will be your resident placement/aiming expert.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have a 20" E-series combo for sale, but it's amber. I just ordered a 20" E2 :)))

See the off road lighting thread for pics.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
So you want that low pro aux light mounting bar with 4 cube style Rigid square LEDs mounted over the bumper...

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes!

So you want that low pro aux light mounting bar with 4 cube style Rigid square LEDs mounted over the bumper...

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Gotcha.....OK....I dunno....that might look kinda cool. I haven't seen that particular setup, maybe someone else has. It seems that 3" square cube lights would appear kinda small looking at the truck from the front (to me)....but what do I know?

You would have more than enough aux lighting for normal use tho that's for sure! :cool:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Smttybilt bar holds 4 lights total.

Now I'm thinking about one pair of Driving D2s hood mounted. $300 on Amazon. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gotcha.....OK....I dunno....that might look kinda cool. I haven't seen that particular setup, maybe someone else has. It seems that 3" square cube lights would appear kinda small looking at the truck from the front (to me)....but what do I know?

You would have more than enough aux lighting for normal use tho that's for sure! :cool:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wife said no...On second thought it looks bulky. Back to the hood mounted D2 idea.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: VolForLife

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm trying to put LED bars on my truck but am having a hard time finding a bracket. I'm getting a 50" installed above my widow but I have a Grille guard and I was looking at the[h=1]Smittybilt street light bar. My truck.jpg
Here's the truck.[/h]

·
Registered
5 Posts
What I was wondering is I only have about 2 inches from my front bumper 30" light bar would have to sit in the middle of the Grille guard. Does anyone know where I can find brackets? If you look the bottom on the sides of the license plates there's two openings for square led lights. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Is that even an ecoboost truck?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It could be an eco it's just that because of the front guard it might not be able to keep the plate mounted to the side.. who knows.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I'm trying to put LED bars on my truck but am having a hard time finding a bracket. I'm getting a 50" installed above my widow but I have a Grille guard and I was looking at theSmittybilt street light bar.

Here's the truck.
What I was wondering is I only have about 2 inches from my front bumper 30" light bar would have to sit in the middle of the Grille guard. Does anyone know where I can find brackets? If you look the bottom on the sides of the license plates there's two openings for square led lights. What do you guys think?
As VolForLife was questioning...is that an EcoBoost? Lol. Anyway...Rigid does make some bar mount clamps if you wanted to go that route. I was looking at going for the Westin HDX, but ended up with the Arc Rite. You can see it in an earlier post in this thread. As it's also been mentioned, a 30" of just about any LED bar maker will fit between the grille mounts on these trucks. As far as the spots beside the license plate, it looks like it would be difficult to mount anything with the HDX in the way, without drilling into the guard or the sides of your bumper, where there isn't much to anchor to.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
After searching and searching I found Brackets for the roof and I found those clamps you were talking about. I actually just put up that 50" light bar which looks pretty BA if I do say so myself and bought some aftermarket headlights but thanks for the info!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts