F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2011 f150 ecoboost with 17654 miles tonight I noticed when on the highway going about 65mph I had to accelerate and I noticed a large puff of smoke from the rear of truck. I accelerated again and another puff of smoke again. I was following my wife so I called her and told her I was going to pull ahead of her and for her to look for smoke while I accelerated. I accelerated 3 times in front of her and no smoke, it was night time so I could not tell what color it was. Wondering if anyone has any ideas.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Hi all I have a 2011 f150 ecoboost with 17654 miles tonight I noticed when on the highway going about 65mph I had to accelerate and I noticed a large puff of smoke from the rear of truck. I accelerated again and another puff of smoke again. I was following my wife so I called her and told her I was going to pull ahead of her and for her to look for smoke while I accelerated. I accelerated 3 times in front of her and no smoke, it was night time so I could not tell what color it was. Wondering if anyone has any ideas.
It does this sometimes.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The dealership will pribably tell you iys normal
And if its a sooty black smoke yes it is normal
The factory settings are rich and vause buildup in the exhaust and once and a while you rev up the engine and see a big poof of this soot

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Kinda like rollin' coal in the diesel world....kinda, but not really

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
2canches, nice find! I'd love to have a diesel powered 1/2 ton. I miss my 6.4L PS 3/4 ton

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
To bad I hate all of them trucks. Wish Ford would (I know they aren't going to because they have the ecoboost), owning a mini Powerstroke would be the heat

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
736 Posts
I wouldn't count ford out. I heard rumor of a mini Duramax coming soon too. There's gonna be a 1/2 ton diesel war going on and I doubt ford would sit that one out. I'm kinda a titan fan boy so I'll probably wind up in one of those in the next couple years.

Edit... A diesel titan that is. I've already had 2 of the gassers. Them bitches are thirsty!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
[qoute]Edit... A diesel titan that is. I've already had 2 of the gassers. Them bitches are thirsty![/qoute]
haha my buddy said the same thing!!

I'm going to have to wait on Ford. Always owning GM in the past, I hate that they haven't updated their interiors until just now, and their bodies are getting worst and worst...square fenders....wtf over.

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
This occurs when the water and gunk that accumulates in the CAC is drawn into the combustion chamber at WOT/hard boost. As long as it is only a small gulp when it occurs no real damage is occurring, but if it is an amount to great to compress, then this is when hydrolok occurs and catastrophic engine failure follows as the pistons break and rods bend. ( the NTSB investigation on going).

Install the RX system and if it does not fix/eliminate it I will buy it back.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,528 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts