F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 F-150 ecoboost started smoking at startup at about 28-30K miles. It now has 40,000 and the dealer, a Ford dealer tells me it is normal for this to be happening. The smoking does not happen each time the truck is started. But it happens avarious times during the day even with high outside temperatures. Smoking appears to be white but I have been told by others it is blue. The smoke does not dissipate like condensation smoke does on a cold winter morning. The truck build date is after the Jan. 1, 2017 cutoff date for repair or replacement.

Any assistance will b e greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Try a different dealership, you may have to try a few to get one that will actually do something. Also when they say it's normal ask them to start a few on the lot so you can see this "normal' smoke

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nukem1040

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue. The dealership came and picked up my truck during COVID to try and fix it. It’s been a week. Haven’t heard back from them yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 F-150 ecoboost started smoking at startup at about 28-30K miles. It now has 40,000 and the dealer, a Ford dealer tells me it is normal for this to be happening. The smoking does not happen each time the truck is started. But it happens avarious times during the day even with high outside temperatures. Smoking appears to be white but I have been told by others it is blue. The smoke does not dissipate like condensation smoke does on a cold winter morning. The truck build date is after the Jan. 1, 2017 cutoff date for repair or replacement.

Any assistance will b e greatly appreciated.
What did this end up being for you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts