F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this truck for a year. Have replaced the engine, 2 vac pumps, several switches (door locks, shift knob, etc), front hubs and all hoses. Now the sunroof parts have all cracked. I have been a ford guy all my life. But to think that the next repair will be my last for the next 10k miles or so is just setting myself up for disappointment. Frankly I'm sick of it. The problem is, I'm sure every manufacturer out there uses the same plastic garbage parts that will not take you through a couple hundred thousand miles (it's really time in the heat an cold that kills plastic). Maybe just sell all my trailers , toys and this truck and buy a bicycle.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Did you buy it used? I've also been through electric vac pumps, dead IWE system (just removed as its junk), cam phasers/chains luckily on warranty, drivers exhaust manifold, and if I ever buy another Ford it's 2.7, 5.0 or a power stroke. I think they really failed on the 3.5s.

This IWE design is 17 years old and they still can't figure it out.

The phasers were junk on 5.4's and Ford still can't figure it out...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I bought it used. It's a 3.5. It's been in the shop so many times I can't remember the count. My wife has a 3.5 in a 2012 Flex we bought new and it now has 150k on it. It has been one of the best cars we have ever owned. Made me confident in the engine. Now I want to get rid of her car and my truck. Just don't know what to replace them with. Before this truck I had been a diesel guy. My trailers are all relatively light now so I didn't see a need. Wish I would have kept my 2011 F250. The mileage was dismal at 15mpg but that is 3 miles per gallon better than my ecoboost.

I'm just frustrated at the moment. Ill probably keep the thing another 5 years...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts