F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was replacing the 6 year old battery on my 2014. Turned the wrong nut and snapped it right off. It connects the positive lead clamping part..what do I do now. It's Sunday and everything is closed and I need to travel on Monday! Help!

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
Soldering equipment handy?
(Although that's a large surface area to get heated up sufficiently.

Edit: If that cable is long enough, you might be able to pinch it into the actual battery post clamp?

It'll deform it a bit, but probably could survive it once.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soldering equipment handy?
(Although that's a large surface area to get heated up sufficiently.

Edit: If that cable is long enough, you might be able to pinch it into the actual battery post clamp?

It'll deform it a bit, but probably could survive it once.

Hmm that could work. What about just attaching the ring onto the bolt and nut that tightens the positive clamp to the battery itself? It looks very similiar diameter...

Solve one problem and create another.....sigh.

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
Hmm that could work. What about just attaching the ring onto the bolt and nut that tightens the positive clamp to the battery itself? It looks very similiar diameter...

Solve one problem and create another.....sigh.
Actually, your idea makes far more sense than what I was suggesting. The whole apparatus is conductive, so it's likely your suggestion would work just fine.

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
You mean my attempt to help. Lol

Good job.

·
Registered
2014 Ingot Silver SCrew FX4 MaxTow
103 Posts
So if you try to find just the clamp for an F150, you will only find it with the cable already attached and it will be pricey. I had to replace mine a few years ago as it was badly corroded. I did some searching on this forum and found that you can get the clamp by itself for an Escape of the same year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
I would have used vicegrips...lol
That hillbilly snake guy would have too, it appears

·
Registered
36 Posts
I replaced the terminal end quite easily with the one recommended in another post. Just used vice grips (ironic?) to crimp the clamp to the wire after removing the corroded terminal. Will attach a pic of old terminal and parts bag for new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts