F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not seen this issue in the forum yet. When resetting my trip odometer (A or B) I have a dark box with a yellow outline over my "A" trip setting. I can reset it but the only measurement it tracks is the mpg. All of the other boxes are at -0- and do not measure. I can not get that get black and yellow box off of my screen. Read the owners manual over and over and can not find anything on it.

Any idea's?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I dont know, as this is the first time I have ever heard of this. Can you post a picture of the yellow box on trip A?

Also, I have found that disconnecting the truck battery for about 10 minutes tends to get rid of little gremlins like this. Try disconnecting the battery and let us know if it resolves your issue.

One more thing you can check try using the other key. This could be a mykey setting in your key. I have a company car Ford Fusion and it had the mykey activated that would not allow me to reset the trip. This would allow the milage driven with that key more easily tracked. If it doesn't do it with the other key you can delete the mykey and you should not have the problem anymore.

SPPD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
TripBScreen.jpg this is not my truck, but found this on line and it is exactly what I see on mine, but I only have 2300 miles on mine. I have never used MyKey and this happens with either of our two keys. Guess I better take it to the dealer.

Anyone else ever had this come up on their trip odometer. By the way, mine is on the "A" trip, this one is on 'B'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not yet but will tonight. I started researching on line and found quite a few that had same thing.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Man I have never even heard of this... :confused: But like Kc311 mention disconnect the negative on the battery for about 15-20 sec and it will reset the system... If that doesn't work you will have to bring it into the dealership for a reflash unless they have a way to do it straight from the truck... Good luck and keep us posted as that is too interesting not to know what the deal is on that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It is a pause feature. You most likely triggered it by pressing the OK button and immediately release it rather than holding it long enough for a reset. When you are paused you cannot reset the calculator once it is initiated.

I discovered it on accident an in the process of trying to figure it out also did the same thing to my other trip odomoeter.

Press and immediately release the OK button on your steering wheel and it will resume calculating.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
So you're still stuck with no solution? Battery didn't work and quickly pressing "ok" button didn't work? Hm. I'd contact my dealer then and have them figure it out. It's their issue not yours!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Yake Bait. The quick hit of the OK button did the trick. Good thing to remember. By the way, purchased a billet grill for my F150 Supercrew and installed it today. A little bit tricky and a tight fit to get a screwdriver, but it looks awesome and should protect my intercooler from rocks and bugs.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thank you Yake Bait. The quick hit of the OK button did the trick. Good thing to remember. By the way, purchased a billet grill for my F150 Supercrew and installed it today. A little bit tricky and a tight fit to get a screwdriver, but it looks awesome and should protect my intercooler from rocks and bugs.
Ohhhh, post a pix. I am still shopping for which grille I want... I think it's too unprotected without one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you! I had identical problem and this fixed it. Apparently the service center at Town East Ford never heard of this either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am seeing the exact same yellow box on BOTH of my trip odometers. It started on Trip B and I have it on Trip A. Also, my USB ports on the SYNC system quit working.

I will try hitting the OK button quickly and doing a Master Reset on the system.

Help~!

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
I am seeing the exact same yellow box on BOTH of my trip odometers. It started on Trip B and I have it on Trip A. Also, my USB ports on the SYNC system quit working.

I will try hitting the OK button quickly and doing a Master Reset on the system.

Help~!
Yes, if you have this yellow box with the universal pause icon, circled, on the left side of the square, then you have paused your trip meter. Quickly press the "OK" on the left side of your steering wheel and the yellow square graphic will disappear. :)

TripBScreen.jpg

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It is a pause feature. You most likely triggered it by pressing the OK button and immediately release it rather than holding it long enough for a reset. When you are paused you cannot reset the calculator once it is initiated.

I discovered it on accident an in the process of trying to figure it out also did the same thing to my other trip odomoeter.

Press and immediately release the OK button on your steering wheel and it will resume calculating.

+1000

I use this for my business and leisure miles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
Eco-Mica
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing