F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a new Sno-Way plow on my F150 Ecoboost. It is the only plow you can use due to the electronic power assisted stearing module on these trucks. The only connection to the Truck is the 12V battery and lights, all the electronics are external to the truck and on the plow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
plow

I am using a new Sno-Way plow on my F150 Ecoboost. It is the only plow you can use due to the electronic power assisted stearing module on these trucks. The only connection to the Truck is the 12V battery and lights, all the electronics are external to the truck and on the plow.
How do you like it I have a 12 f150 eco super crew cab 5.5 bed.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks Interesting! I guess I thought the issue was in the extra weight on the front end for the EPAS not the power consumtion.
There are other factors as well. I've been plowing most of my life and would never put a plow on a 1/2 ton P/U. First and foremost the truck isn't worth crap for resale or trade once you throw a plow on it. The front end components will fade quick and the front end will be sagging before long. You will be replacing front end parts on a regular basis if for no other reason then Ford doesn't build these trucks to be used for plowing. Then there is the possible problems with the electrical system, Fisher was trying to design a plow but was having issues because of the massive draw the plow puts on the electrical system and the fact that these trucks already use a lot of power and are having problems with the 650cca batteries being to small and replacing them with 850cca batteries. Fisher was looking at the use of a 2nd battery box in the truck. If Fisher hasn't come out with a plow for these trucks then there must be a very good reason.
I'm not sure but you also may have voided parts of your warranty, for sure anything that happens to the front end will not be covered.
There is a reason why Chevy lost a lot of commercial business when they went to IFS on their 2500 and 3500 line. Live axle front ends are the best most reliable vehicles for plowing and why Ford does so well selling F-250 and 350 trucks.
I ran a crew for a company in Reading Mass back in the 90's and loved watching all those little 150's and 1500's try to move snow.
I wish you well with your truck and would love to hear how it has held up a few years from now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
outlaw25
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing