F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put these on yesterday for the winter season. They look like they will do the job. IMG_20131102_0859404612.jpg IMG_20131102_090526973.jpg

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
FYI. So I liked the look of the tires so I started looking for them.
Apparently in the US they are called Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires. These are manufactured by Goodyear for sale at Walmart stores.
This is one forum I found and the comments I read. Not a lot of good reviews but it's only one site.
Tire Review: Goodyear Wrangler Authority - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
I personally have not been a fan of Goodyear myself, but things do change.

·
Registered
373 Posts
FYI. So I liked the look of the tires so I started looking for them. Apparently in the US they are called Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires. These are manufactured by Goodyear for sale at Walmart stores. This is one forum I found and the comments I read. Not a lot of good reviews but it's only one site. Tire Review: Goodyear Wrangler Authority - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum I personally have not been a fan of Goodyear myself, but things do change.
The wrangler authority's are a tiny bit different, they also sell them in walmart up here in Canada as well. But they did seem comparable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what to do for winter tires right now. I really don't want to put an ugly set of steel wheels on, would love to find some 18" take-off alloys at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what to do for winter tires right now. I really don't want to put an ugly set of steel wheels on, would love to find some 18" take-off alloys at a reasonable price.
In Canada. All winter rims are black. We look like robots. No one cares about style from October to April. well I don't. But I'm not you. If you find a good styled wheel that does the job & is cheaper than steel. Get it. Be different. Be cool. I wish I had extra cash to throw into the winter look. All I got was free exposed aggregate ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384580975.647028.jpg

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm upgrading to black rims and new tires next year and my factory chrome plated plastic over steel wheels will become my winter wheels.
That's they way I've done it for my last 4 trucks.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Had I been thinking clearly when I bought the truck I would have chosen 18" rim instead of 20s and put winters on those.
I just bought a second set of silver 17" rims and ... much better selection of snow tires and way cheaper than 20s or 18s.

With all the snow and crud, it's going to look filthy anyway.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
In Canada. All winter rims are black. ...
Nope. I got silver 17" winter rims from Big O. Looks like a standard truck wheel, instead of a cruddy black steel rim.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Not for this guy, I hate black steelies. FX 18" take off's on my truck for winter.
Yes, I noticed those too. Looked quite nice for Winter Rim. They wouldn't last a night in Surrey, BC.

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
5,409 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
funny Surrey. My Hyundai came from Vancouver. & because they already had locking nuts, I had to buy them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts