F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
My truck is in the shop right now for the front cover seal leaking, are they going to take the cab up like you did on your truck?
Is this the timing chain cover?
this that's what is leaking on my truck too. Let us know how it goes

·
Registered
900 Posts
For front cover....maybe not.

sent by a Nexus 6 Replicant
Good, Once i got the rental i wasnt going to worry about how long it took em, but i cant stand this 2013 Focus and want my truck back!

Is this the timing chain cover?
this that's what is leaking on my truck too. Let us know how it goes
Yes its the timing chain cover, ford calls it front cover. Its leaking there and i have a coolant leak which had something to do with a fitting on the turbo. Both are covered under powertrain warranty. Thank goodness

·
Registered
13,047 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Doesn't say it can't, it states in stock form it can't. With a few mods it can run e30 but not full e85. If you think this is wrong please elaborate.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Our fuel system can handle ethanol, just not e85 because it does not flow enough. The gas ring specifically says e0-e15. I think all new cars they have better components in the fuel systems to handle the ethanol......although millions of cars run on e10 and even a lot of performance guys run e85 in cars that came out before ethanol was around with no problems.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
When you say strokers dont like boost. You are referring to a long stroke vs the bore size. Technically a 4.0l is not a long stroke motor, it is near 1to1 neutral bore to stroke. It will love boost just like the 3.5l. Porting the heads are pointless, you won't gain much because of forced induction. The 4.0 will only be worth roughly 40 to 60 hp over the 3.5 with same turbo setup. Yes, it might call for larger turbos. Yes, the fueling is the bigger problem
But that is nearly solved. My point is, why build a 3.5l bullet proof when I can build a 4.0 bullet proof. Actually super six doesn't even have the forged crank out yet. Mayne 6 more weeks. Just planning ahead. Again my question is, that nobody seems to know is... Does the 3.7l have bosses for the water and oil jackets needed for the turbos. If not, a 4.0 can't even be built. Then you would be dealing with a long stroke 3.7l built from a 3.5l. Thus not a good turbo motor. Being truly a long rod to bore stroker.
Do not know the answer to your question, but would like to add one. Dose the 3.7 even have the biger oil pump and piston sprayers? Also what heads are going to work with this? You start with 10:1 and then bore and stroke? Unless it can be done with a lower deck? Other then maybe availability and cost why start with a 3.7? Will the sleeve be strong enough? If so, why not punch out your existing 3.5?

·
Registered
671 Posts
The 3.7 block does not have the water and oil ports for the turbos. I need to look inside a 3.7 to confirm or not the oil squirters for the bottom of the pistons. I bet not.
There is an aftermarket guy pushing for someone to build a 3.7 to ecoboost... personally not seeing it.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts