F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the time I'm ready for a tune, my truck will have a AFE Stage 2 intake and a full Corsa exhaust. I've been looking at the SCT tunes but I am unclear on how it all works. Does the tune adapt to my mods? I understand I have to get new plugs and gap them and what not, as well as the different octane tunes.

I guess my question is, with my mods and future mods, can I just load a tune on and have it work with my mods? I'm a tuning noob, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Your mods are mild and won't affect the canned SCT tunes which will adapt just like your stock tune does.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Your mods are mild and won't affect the canned SCT tunes which will adapt just like your stock tune does.
To elaborate on Ski's comment, the PCM already will make some minor adjustments for the increased air flow thanks to the MAF sensor, even on a bone stock untuned PCM. But the stock tune is so mild, there is extra power that can be gained from a Custom Tune - even on a bone stock truck. So a custom tune, with your bolt-ons will take advantage of your mods and get you more HP than a custom tune with no bolt-ons.

The next question is "who" ... and that is up to you. There is MPT, Unleashed, SSI, 5*, Innovative and Leading Edge to name some of the more popular tuners for the SCT.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've done the canned tunes and custom in many vehicles. Custom is better performance and written specifically for the strategy code in YOUR TRUCKS computer. Canned tunes are written off of a few trucks for the masses. Its like saying a large shirt fits everyone. Read reviews about custom tunes. Many ppl have several different customs from handfuls of Shops. I personally went to MPT for my tunes. Buying thru them allowed me to spend $50 more on the unit and getting 5 different tunes for free. Look at there custom tune form on the bottom of their site. U tell them your mods, axle, tire size, etc, then pick octane, type of tune(performance/tow/economy) and the type of shift programming u want. I had various questions and every time they reply by phone or email within a business day. So far its been a great thing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts