F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
600whp would be a very reasonable goal with g series turbos.

If you aren't planning on you should be looking into using the oem electric gates with those turbos.

Going to mechanical mean shutting off most of what makes the EcoBoost strategy. It can be done, we did it on the raptor but I don't recommend it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That's music to my ears. Seriously. I love the confirmation from the guys on here that better understand the lbs/min and the timing/octane parameters and such.

I don't think you were around when my build started, but I spared no expense on the individual components chosen for the longblock. Or let's just say as long as the component choices lent itself to longer-life and smoooooother power production, I never said no to Ryan. And although he never thought that I would wait this long, I'm certain he would agree that the G-series delay has benefitted the build substantially.

So, if you are right and 600 RWHP is possible on pump gas, then I am more and more convinced that the ORIGINAL plan/strategy is still obtainable. An unstressed, smoooooth refined 500-550 RWHP on a block/heads/valvetrain that works together like a timepiece.

Or as I originally described, a BMW X5M in pickup truck format. But unlike the X5M, hooked up to an RV and heading to the best sunsets. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
I was at 74 lbs/min before the truck disappeared the second time. Once it's tuned properly who knows where we'll be

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Newpop (sleipnir) has big harry EFR's stuffed up on top of a built motor that hasn't even been properly broken in yet.

Looonnng story. But he's changing diapers while he waits for his race truck to be sorted.

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
74 lbm/ min on what turbo setup?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
71/63's on a built motor but like Bruce said it's a long story and I doubt anything is being sorted out. Haven't heard anything from Ryan in months and when I do I get the infamous "I'll call you tomorrow" line with no follow up

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’m at 509/589 last time I ran on the Dyno. I expect that it’s closer to 540 now. Probably won’t know till spring as truck is now on a gearhead auto octane tune for the winter months.

Best dragy time is 13.32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you really trust that ,? I guess you do since your using it ,but I’ve had many tuners tell me it’s fIne when stock but your taking the Safey feature out of the tune by not having the tune locked to A particular octane rating if something goes wrong ,I forgot the whole conversations but it seemed to make sense ,alt
I’m at 509/589 last time I ran on the Dyno. I expect that it’s closer to 540 now. Probably won’t know till spring as truck is now on a gearhead auto octane tune

Best dragy time is 13.32.

71/63's on a built motor but like Bruce said it's a long story and I doubt anything is being sorted out. Haven't heard anything from Ryan in months and when I do I get the infamous "I'll call you tomorrow" line with no follow up
dam bro I thought that stuff was basically by now become
what how come your having so much trouble ? I had started to think that these trucks were figured out by now ? And that Ryan had top notch service and a great product ,be it 500 or a 1000hp And it didn’t matter which set up you choose stock location EFR,’s GT’s or stage 5’s the tunning was there from plenty of good Shops..It was why I’m finally getting serious about making the jump I’m I sort of deceiving myself ?
so what happened, be Nice to know if there’s some pit falls to still jump around or over or for that matter doors that shouldn’t be opened ?

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
My auto octane tune is pretty safe. It makes about 120 less whp than my E30 tune. It’s a great tune for winter or off-road or a road trip. It’s still a 400+whp tune on our 94.

I have zero concerns with it, honestly. Matt knows how to build a tune.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My auto octane tune is pretty safe. It makes about 120 less whp than my E30 tune. It’s a great tune for winter or off-road or a road trip. It’s still a 400+whp tune on our 94.

Did you makes adjustments to your whole fuel system to run e30 ? Like e85 ? as when e15 came out all the car manufacturers were saying it would void your warranty and damage our systems and it’s only 5% more compared to pump gas..
I was thinking back to post 1995 before the EPA forced the fuel switch on us we loved winter cars just ran so much faster::
Are you making the switch to lower power due to the roads having ice up north or fuel ?
If it’s fuel can’t you just throw in some booster ? And really enjoy the cold air ?
if it’s ice that I get !

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Traction is an equalizer.

In the Canadian winter the Camry and the 911 go the same speed. Nobody is hooking up. Nobody is getting power to the ground.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts

In reality, wouldn't you call your "94" about 91.5? Still better than our 91.1 being sold as 94.

Talk about a "3 dressed up like a 9" though I prefer "twig dressed up like a pine".

Now that I am "mixing" E85(actual E65) to burn E20-30 (depending on my mood), it REALLY livened up the engine. Adding ethanol to our crap gas bakes a noticeable difference, even when mixed to only E20.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Man I wish I could get the E.

·
Modinstrator
2,863 Posts
Sorry folks, We‘ve removed a few of the previous posts speculating on a former member‘s reasons for leaving the site. Suffice it to say that after discussion this person has chosen to not participate on this forum. We’ll leave it at that, thanks for understanding.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Did you makes adjustments to your whole fuel system to run e30 ? Like e85 ? as when e15 came out all the car manufacturers were saying it would void your warranty and damage our systems and it’s only 5% more compared to pump gas..
I was thinking back to post 1995 before the EPA forced the fuel switch on us we loved winter cars just ran so much faster::
Are you making the switch to lower power due to the roads having ice up north or fuel ?
If it’s fuel can’t you just throw in some booster ? And really enjoy the cold air ?
if it’s ice that I get !
Honestly there just isn’t any reason to make more power here in the winter, as Snake says, you can’t make use of it at all. Actually it will often get you in trouble. I also have no drive to run to mix ethanol in the winter and I drive long distances and bringing some with me, would be a pain.

Heck right now, I’m over 800miles from home.

My truck has a 60% HPFP, bigger HPFP cam lobe, walbro 450 in-tank and switched to a return system with a proper filter and regulator.

This tune is also built with less aggressive tip-in.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Nope, hitting MBT at 30%. Didn’t see much benefit of going farther.

BC you could just pump it in and go, no mixing. Maybe IM not under MBT fully. You have a built motor, cant you just throw the power at it?

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
BC you could just pump it in and go, no mixing. Maybe IM not under MBT fully. You have a built motor, cant you just throw the power at it?
The limitation are my stock injectors. Ethanol as you know requires more fuel.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
The limitation are my stock injectors. Ethanol as you know requires more fuel.

How do you know you're out of injector?

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Reactions: WooBoost
21 - 40 of 74 Posts