F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had planned on buying a reg cab, short bed ecoboost F150 after driving a crew cab as part of a Ford promotion in 2010. Then, to my dismay, they didn't offer the combo I wanted.

Pissed off, I ended up buying a Tacoma double cab Prerunner instead. While it's a decent truck and somewhat quick, and I'm sure it will last forever, I've been disappointed w/ a number things about it. Gas mileage isn't terrible if I baby it, but it isn't much better than a fullsize w/ much more capability. The V6 has been around since 05, w/ a huge 236 or so hp...only reason the truck is decently quick is bc it's light. I'm 6'3" and have to duck to see stoplights at intersections...didn't notice during the test drive as it was mostly country roads. There is very little aftermarket support for the street crowd. Unless you're into offroading, you just can't do much to them. I also hate the tiny little bed...my now ex-wife insisted on the double cab in the event we had children...so much for that. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that Toyota makes cars that will run forever, but are completely devoid of inspiring the slightest thrill.

I guess the nice thing about it will be resale value for when I ditch it for a 4wd Tremor, which will then promptly be lowered, along w/ some decals/badging being removed. Not sure if I'm man enough to start dicking w/ the engine right away...

My only hope now is that more colors are offered beyond what's been shown in the press release, and the price is reasonable.

Anyone else planning on picking one up?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If I knew it was going to be offered in fall of 2013 I would have held off but I picked up a 2013 FX4 in March and don't want to get Hosed on my trade if I were to buy one. I really want one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Same boat, just bought a 2012 screw in April, then a month later they released that! I might trade it in a year or so....but idk...I love the new "Lightning" look they went with..and I heard its offered in 4x4

·
Registered
94 Posts
I guess the reason for the new name "Tremor" is for sales/marketing purposes. They could have called it the "F150 Pretty Boy", or "F150 Hollywood"! I don't know why they just didn't add a "Super Luxury" package to the F150? I guess marketing is the answer! It's a new truck.... 0ooo!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Non-Tremor Ecoboost Regular Cab

The Tremor is a great start to what I really want. For "Street" guys it is also a very good platform for their use. But I fall into a differnet catagory and was wondering if anyone on here might know if what I am after will ever become a reality? I want a Regualr Cab Short Bed Ecoboost, but otherwise pretty much stripped. A "Sleeper" if you will. Steel 17" wheels, 3 person bench seat, no "Tremor" decals etc. A stripped Regular Cab Short Bed Ecoboost. Does anyone on here know if this will ever be offered? Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Probably not, but what in the world was Ford thinking? Tremor? Wha'?!?!?! With all the shuddering problems, they name a new F150 Tremor?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
my sales manager (I work at the dealer) told me today that the tremor pricing and orders have been postponed another 30 days. they cannot be ordered and he says any pricing that weve seen on the internet is most likely not accurate....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not it! LoL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still waiting on pricing/release info but I'm planning on getting one, winter truck is due for retiring lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah...starting to rethink the purchase. Ford delays much more I'm thinking it might be wise to just wait and see what '15 brings.

I'm afraid Ford is going to step on their dicks again as far as building/offering something I might actually want in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
859 Posts
It would be hard to be a 2014 knowing that the 2015 is going to look so much better. However, I'm sure when the 2015s come out they will be expensive for a while.

Yeah...starting to rethink the purchase. Ford delays much more I'm thinking it might be wise to just wait and see what '15 brings.

I'm afraid Ford is going to step on their dicks again as far as building/offering something I might actually want in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm actually thinking of buying an 09 high mile RCSB with whatever motor and then finding a Ecoboost motor and ECU/harness and drop it in. :)
Way less money, considering I'm planning on tubbing and doing a ladder bar setup on it, seems like a better plan than hacking up a Tremor.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Traction bars, ladder bars, and pan-hard bars all keep the axle from rolling back under heavy loads. Which in turn greatly increases traction, and reduces the risk of wrapping the axle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Traction bars, ladder bars, and pan-hard bars all keep the axle from rolling back under heavy loads. Which in turn greatly increases traction, and reduces the risk of wrapping the axle.
A panhard bar does no such thing. Simply locates the axle laterally.

One would think if someone were to go through all the effort as described, the limited adjustability of a ladder bar would not be the suspension of choice. Also not sure why a truck would need to be tubbed for what I'm assuming is a performance build...small tire cars are more efficient and have proven they can go plenty fast. X275 anyone?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
...Also not sure why a truck would need to be tubbed for what I'm assuming is a performance build...small tire cars are more efficient and have proven they can go plenty fast. X275 anyone?
How else are you going to tuck super wide drag slicks under the truck?
Methinks he's wanting to build a track specific truck.
I'm envisioning pizza cutters up front, 15-17" wide x 33" tall slicks on the back. And wheelie bars!
And a parachute! :)

Yeehaw

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts