F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

· Registered
2022 F150 SCREW, Power Boost, 6.5' Box, 4x4, 1645# CC
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a bunch of posts here and other forums. Folks have attached copies of a list of updates that either need to be downloaded or that have downloaded. I have never found a list of updates that either have downloaded or need to be downloaded. Also, I do not have Blue Cruise that has seemingly caused a fair amount heartburn because updates have not downloaded properly.

Yesterday, I turned over a different "rock" while looking at the 12" center stack screen. The message I got was all updates were up to date. Didn't list what updates these were.

The truck is hooked into my house internet via wifi.

Can I assume all available software updates have downloaded correctly? Is there a way to see what downloads have been made?

What I know about computers and computer technology will make the bottom of a thimble damp.

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,277 Posts
If you send me your VIN, I'll log into Ford's mothership and get you a list of updates available for your specific truck and you will know whether you are really actually uptodate.

The 2022's are functioning properly with OTA, but the 2021's are lagging because of update 1.7.1 messing up their APIM module for receiving further updates over the air. Thus the huge fiasco with Ford being unable to get the trucks enabled for Bluecruise as promised.

But even the trucks without Bluecruise are affected and there's far more fixes in these updates than just Bluecruise. Lots of things related to pcm, transmission shifting, EV battery management,...... It's much like updates to your phone that you don't necessarily SEE what was changed, but....

There's a Wiki for the OTA updates that can give you an idea

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
By the way, some folks woke up yesterday to see this in their FordPass app:

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

Think about it for a second.
Ford just performed a TSB on your F150 while you were asleep!

You might not have even known about the TSB
You certainly didn't have to do anything about it.
No appointment 3 weeks out with your dealership
No inconvenience at all.

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

View attachment 178499

No inconvenience at all.

View attachment 178499

No inconvenience at all.
Interesting. I'll take a look at Ford Pass on my phone. Will be nice if that Recall has already been fixed.

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you send me your VIN, I'll log into Ford's mothership and get you a list of updates available for your specific truck and you will know whether you are really actually uptodate.

The 2022's are functioning properly with OTA, but the 2021's are lagging because of update 1.7.1 messing up their APIM module for receiving further updates over the air. Thus the huge fiasco with Ford being unable to get the trucks enabled for Bluecruise as promised.

But even the trucks without Bluecruise are affected and there's far more fixes in these updates than just Bluecruise. Lots of things related to pcm, transmission shifting, EV battery management,...... It's much like updates to your phone that you don't necessarily SEE what was changed, but....

I've sent you my VIN via a PM. Thanks.

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
Received.
I sent you a list of module updates that your VIN has in the queue.
You do indeed have a trailer brake controller module update in the queue. But I am more interested in the gateway module update that's there. I say that because the gateway module is the module most responsible for all this marvelous OTA infrastructure to work properly. It's the router that sits between the various busses on your truck and the Ford cloud.

By the way, I forgot you have a 2022. I was a little surprised to login and get such a clean update queue. Lol

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received.
You do indeed have a trailer brake controller module update in the queue. But I am more interested in the gateway module update that's there. I say that because the gateway module is the module most responsible for all this marvelous OTA infrastructure to work properly. It's the router that sits between the various busses on your truck and the Ford cloud.

By the way, I forgot you have a 2022. I was a little surprised to login and get such a clean update queue. Lol
Should I be concerned that the Gateway module hasn't been updated yet?

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
Honestly, with that queue being so short, I wouldn't be. I doubt your truck is having OTA issues. Your simply waiting for Ford to push to your VIN. Nobody knows what Ford's algorithm is for which trucks get updated in which order.

My problem is that now I have no reason to wait on Ford because my 2021 was in OTA purgatory and I had to take matters into my own hands. Now that I have the licenses and hardware, I don't have to wait for the OTA push. Lol

But just like your truck, my 2022 is pretty fresh and in many ways running newer software, so no reason to fret.

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, with that queue being so short, I wouldn't be. I doubt your truck is having OTA issues. Your simply waiting for Ford to push to your VIN. Nobody knows what Ford's algorithm is for which trucks get updated in which order.

My problem is that now I have no reason to wait on Ford because my 2021 was in OTA purgatory and I had to take matters into my own hands. Now that I have the licenses and hardware, I don't have to wait for the OTA push. Lol

But just like your truck, my 2022 is pretty fresh and in many ways running newer software, so no reason to fret.
When you get time, could you take another look at what updates may or may not have downloaded correctly? My truck still says OTA's are up to date.

Thanks

· Registered
80 Posts

I have a Lariat PowerBoost on order (since before Thanksgiving) and in transit right now and was thinking about getting ready to receive it. I've read elsewhere that some OTA's require the truck to be connected to a charger with power supply capability because of the long install time of software updates.
1) Is that just for the BlueCruise update?
2) Do you use such a supply/charger and do you have any recommendations for model or specifications?
3) Was your KR up to date when you received it or did you need to install updates right out of the gate?

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
1. Your truck will arrive fully updated in comparison to the 2021 OTA debacle.
2. I did indeed use a supply/charger during the vast number of updates I performed on the 2021, but that was mostly required because of multiple hours with the truck continuously in "Accessories" mode.
3. My 2022 arrived with only one update available, and that update was available even before I took delivery. It is the Trailer Brake Controller update that now appears to be the TSB Ford released for the Gen14 trucks with the controller onboard. I have intentionally not applied that update with FDRS because I have seen some report they received it OTA, and I am curious to see if mine will.

As far as needing WiFi or battery maintainers at night while we sleep and the truck is parked? I do not believe that is required nor does it increase the chances the truck receives updates. Besides, can you imagine the folly of such a requirement? :)

It IS possible that if your truck has a weak battery, it will not be eligible for OTA until the voltage is addressed.

So your truck is IN TRANSIT!!

That's wonderful.
Looking forward to hearing your experiences with it.

Edit: please note that anything regarding OTA, I am sharing my experience and understanding. I have no relationship with Ford and no secret source for inside knowledge. But I am excited to share anything that I have personally witnessed. :)

· Registered
24 Posts
My 2022 says up-to-date. So does FordPass. Should I take that at face value? The tow umbilical update would be most unpleasant to be missing if I hit the glitch it is supposed to prevent.

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
Sync and FordPass will say "uptodate" if Ford's server isn't queued to push anything to it currently.

That doesn't mean that there aren't any updates available for your truck. There are a few reasons for the discrepancy. :)

OTA is broken on your truck. (not applicable to a 2022)
Or Ford is rolling the update in waves and the truck isn't in the wave yet
Or ANY other reason Ford might have for not delivering the update currently OTA.

· Registered
3 Posts
Received.

Hi, can you check to see what updates are in queue for VIN 1FTFW1RG0MFC21180. 2021 Raptor.

Unable to get automatic or forced updates. Sync screen says I am up to date,no updates available. WiFi signal in driveway is strong. Sync version is 21136 Rev 134. Same as when I first picked it up from dealer. I also have the ford widget which shows 2.8.2 tried to load in June, but failed.

Appreciate your help.

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
Sure thing. Be happy to.
Just so you know though, if your truck failed at 2.8.2 then we know 2 things already :

1. For a 2021, your truck is already much further along than the trucks that were stuck in OTA purgatory with the 1.7.4 debacle. Or put another way, you don't need the TSB performed that was necessary to fix a broken OTA scenario

2. The vast majority of failures for 2.8.2 is a battery management system response indicating the battery isn't healthy enough to support the update.

If I were you I would put a smart battery charger on the truck and get it completely charged and then switch it to trick charge mode and leave it at night. Do everything else that you are already doing (parking close enough for WiFi, etc)

There's a really good chance that Ford will attempt the 2.8.2 again and it will succeed. 2.8.3 often follows within soon. At that point you'll basically be caught up and you can confirm you are at 2.8.3 with cameras at speed.

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
Here's the list of updates that are queued for your truck
Note that it's odd that the updates associated with 2.8.2 don't seem to be listed. I've never seen how a failed OTA affected the queue in FDRS. I assume that indicates that the failure is not considered permanent, but instead just delayed until the next attempt?
If it was deemed permanently failed, the various module updates that make up 2.8.2 would be put back in the FDRS queue?

Get that battery charged! 🤣

Rectangle Product Azure Font Screenshot

Here's your current module versioning records that the mothership uses to determine what modules need updated

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Number

· Registered
3 Posts
Here's the list of updates that are queued for your truck
Note that it's odd that the updates associated with 2.8.2 don't seem to be listed. I've never seen how a failed OTA affected the queue in FDRS. I assume that indicates that the failure is not considered permanent, but instead just delayed until the next attempt?
If it was deemed permanently failed, the various module updates that make up 2.8.2 would be put back in the FDRS queue?

Get that battery charged! 🤣

View attachment 181360

Here's your current module versioning records that the mothership uses to determine what modules need updated

View attachment 181362
Thanks, appreciate the help. Here is a snapshot of the widget report. Guess I am not sure if it is showing that is succeeded or failed. I have gotten no notifications of any updates being done. Where can I find exactly which update the truck is currently on? Could not find it in the display menus.
Font Number Screenshot Parallel

· Premium Member
15,277 Posts
My pleasure.
First thing to note regarding your Raptor is that all 2021 Raptors are really Job2 trucks, so they are much further along on software than many 2021 F150's were/are.
It's why the TSB for addressing the "jammed up" F150's that could no longer receive OTA updates, that TSB didn't apply to any Raptor.

You mention the widget..... Did your FordPass App notify you of an attempt to perform the 2.8.2 update?
I did check on what 2.8.2 regarding a Raptor and it is a different "package" than it would be for a non-Raptor F150. So that explains why FDRS shows your truck far more up to date than I was expecting. A regular F150 that was not yet to 2.8.2 would have an additional number of updates listed in FDRS.

Anyways, regardless, your truck isn't far behind. If it were my truck I admit that I would want that PCM update, and for sure any GWM update would be priority because of its critical role in OTA.

Welcome to the forum!

· Registered
3 Posts
My pleasure.
First thing to note regarding your Raptor is that all 2021 Raptors are really Job2 trucks, so they are much further along on software than many 2021 F150's were/are.
It's why the TSB for addressing the "jammed up" F150's that could no longer receive OTA updates, that TSB didn't apply to any Raptor.

You mention the widget..... Did your FordPass App notify you of an attempt to perform the 2.8.2 update?
I did check on what 2.8.2 regarding a Raptor and it is a different "package" than it would be for a non-Raptor F150. So that explains why FDRS shows your truck far more up to date than I was expecting. A regular F150 that was not yet to 2.8.2 would have an additional number of updates listed in FDRS.

Anyways, regardless, your truck isn't far behind. If it were my truck I admit that I would want that PCM update, and for sure any GWM update would be priority because of its critical role in OTA.

Welcome to the forum!
No message in the forspass app regarding any updates. Any thoughts on where to look to see exactly which update the truck is currently on?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts