F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exhaust on our trucks can be a touchy subject. Lets be honest, these trucks are not going to sound like a large cubic inch V8. That being said, they can sound decent with a low tone if the system is done correctly. Solo performance was suggested to us by one of our customers. We are now carrying the solo performance kits for the ecoboost trucks. Sound is good (Videos below). Solo offers a dual kit, which probably sounds the best, but I know duals are not for everyone. They also offer a single side exit kit. Let us now what you guys think of the kits and the videos.

[h=1]2011-2013 F150 3.5L EcoBoost Solo Performance Mach-X Dual Exhaust (145" Wheelbase)[/h] solo_exhaust_ecoboost_thumbnail_mach-x_145inchwheelbase.jpg

[h=1]2011-2013 F150 3.5L EcoBoost Solo Performance Mach-X Dual Exhaust (157" Wheelbase)[/h]
solo_exhaust_ecoboost_thumbnail_mach-x_157inchwheelbase.jpg

[h=1]2011-2013 F150 3.5L EcoBoost Solo Performance MR400 Exhaust Kit (145" Wheelbase)[/h]
solo_exhaust_ecoboost_thumbnail_mr400_145inchwheelbase.jpg

[h=1]2011-2013 F150 3.5L EcoBoost Solo Performance MR400 Exhaust Kit (157" Wheelbase)[/h]
solo_exhaust_ecoboost_thumbnail_mr400_157inchwheelbase.jpg

Also for you guys that are not sure what wheel base you have,

145" wheelbases, which can be found on the following cab/bed configurations:
  • Regular Cab with an 8' bed
  • SuperCab with a 6.5' bed
  • SuperCrew with a 5.5' bed

157" wheelbases, which can be found on the following cab/bed configurations:
  • SuperCrew with a 6.5' bed

And now, the Videos (you may want to skip the intro):

And just because, here is the solo kit on a 5.0L F150. If I can figure out how to get the ecoboost to sound like this I can retire soon!

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not trying to cause issues but I was leaning towards the SW catted downpipes and s-tube exhaust - any thoughts one vs. the other? (I see you sell both)

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
You build us up with the Solo kits, then push us down... And kick us multiple times with the v8 Solo!

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah adding the 5.0L video wasnt very nice of me.

RRM_2013
We sell alot of the stainless works. I think the stainless quality is great and the S-Tube system is a very good sound (and selling) kit for us. We use the stainless works version in our Phase performance packages. The solo is a little cheaper, they are new to the market.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i wasnt impressed with the V-8 clip
maybe its just the way it came out on my computer speakers but it was more of a raspy rumble than what i prefer.
i had a Borla on my last V-8 so i got used to the deep throaty tone it produced.
the other thing that turned me away was if its gunna be a dual exit i dont like it coming out the sides catching all the snow and mud ecspecially with the dual tips, they would be like a spade shovel and collect 30lbs of crap a day !
would really add a look to something though, i love the dual tips

what does the adjustable J-pipe do ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks need to hide away a few more dollars and I will get a quote from you on the stainless set up

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
.... If I can figure out how to get the ecoboost to sound like this I can retire soon!

Bill, I have the solution. You just need to add 2 more cylinders and retain the twin turbos.

I'll split the profits with you.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bill, I have the solution. You just need to add 2 more cylinders and retain the twin turbos.

I'll split the profits with you.
I was thinking of making a perfectly quiet muffler, then adding a boom box with a V8 sound in the bed of the truck lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Very nice looking. Now the big question. First do you have to remove the spare tire to install and even more important do you have to give up your spare all together ? I really like the looks and sound a lot and darn close to pull the trigger if spare is not involved.

From what I can tell, since I NEVER GOT ANY RESPONSE:confused:, you don't have to give up the spare or even remove it for installation.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Wow. I like it. The 4" single. Does exhaust leak past the Just pipe underneath the cab?

In Ontario exhausts have to exit past the rear most part of the cab.

There videos look to be done in Canada by the speed signs?

Their website lists free shipping in Canada can ya beat that? With $800 total with Ontario taxes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts