914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And replacing it with good stuff!
20140327_100932.jpg

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wonder why my pictures are all rotated 90°....

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
do tell.....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that garbage is gone. uploadfromtaptalk1395930198048.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
thats a freakin huge resonator i am gunna have to see if i have one that big on my 2013 i cant imagine mine would be different.
question !
what the hell are they cutting everything just slides into a holder or has 2 bolts that holds the entire exhaust on these trucks.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
thats a freakin huge resonator i am gunna have to see if i have one that big on my 2013 i cant imagine mine would be different.
question !
what the hell are they cutting everything just slides into a holder or has 2 bolts that holds the entire exhaust on these trucks.
Quicker at a shop to cut that rear axle portion unless you ask 'em not to.....time is money.....hack and toss.

Reactions: BlueFlameFX4

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Yeah but they cut it in the wrong spots if they were going for speed. I would have cut it in front of the flex pipe. It only takes about ten minutes to unbolt and remove with a rubber mallet or dead blow.

Black Sheep of the Family

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the y pipe flange to the exit of the muffler is 2.5". I had them cut all that out and replace with 3" straight with a flowmaster super 10 muffler. Kept the 3" factory over the axle and replaced the factory tip with a flowmaster 3" in/4 " stainless angle cut tip. Cost me $70 for the muffler, $56 for the tip and $150 for the 3" pipe and install.

·
Registered
674 Posts
$150 to install. Geez. A length of 3" aluminized is cheap. I would have haggled $75 lol. Post clips

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Video or #liar

Kidding

But seriously. I just need one more exhaust clip to drive me overboard. I still don't know what I want to do after I actually save enough$$$ for DP & custom exhaust

eH

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really wanted the Corsa DB or the Solo mr400. The only 2 that sounded good to me after watching endless YouTube clips. But couldn't justify spending $700+ on an exhaust. The $300-$400 systems sounded like **** to me(diamond eye, mbrp, afe,hearthrob, ect.) Then I found a few clips of the super 10 and they sounded just as good. Saved $400-$500 by going this route.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$150 to install. Geez. A length of 3" aluminized is cheap. I would have haggled $75 lol. Post clips
Keep in mind that it was a little over 6 ft of pipe. They had it listed for $50 just for the pipe. I'm sure I could have bought my own a little cheaper. The other $100 was labor, welding, 2 clamps for the muffler, and they replaced the 2 hangers on the muffler, and hacked off the tailpipe and put my tip on. Well worth it to me.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yeah the truck with the super 10 sounded pretty mean. I'm anxious to hear yours. I need to go get quoted at an exhaust place for something similar. I'd like 4" just to be cool, but I'll probably stick with 3" just to be sure I don't lose any low end.

·
Registered
674 Posts
As long as you're happy. The super 10 sounds good. No resonator? Gonna blow your ears from 2-3k rpm.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah you're right from 2.5-3k rpm it has a nasty loud drone in the cab but other than that it's pretty mellow actually. I will never be cruising in that rpm anyway. Cruise set at 70 mph on the interstate I could barely hear it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd post a video for ya'll but all I have is my phone right now.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Yeah you're right from 2.5-3k rpm it has a nasty loud drone in the cab but other than that it's pretty mellow actually. I will never be cruising in that rpm anyway. Cruise set at 70 mph on the interstate I could barely hear it.

What's your rpm @ 70? On cruise?

eH

1 - 20 of 33 Posts