F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Solo downpipes arrived today along with my new muffler. Also had the resonator delete welded up at the shop today. Looks like tomorrow night I'll be working on the exhaust, dropping the tank and messing with the fuel basket and throwing this bad boy back together.

Scap, perf peddler is alright in my book. Also thanks to Stage 3 for hooking me up with a little forum love on the Solo's. You'll be getting more of my business

Reactions: Pinero61 and scap99

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Keep us posted.

And pics ... lots of pics.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, I should just do the Solo's tonight, then I have less of a headache tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
What would doing a resonator delete do on stock exhaust? How would the sound change?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It gives is more of the turbo whistle I guess, I don't know for sure? I would think someone on here has sound clips. I'm swapping my MAKs for the Solos (they're resonated) and I had the muffler shop weld a flange onto 3" pipe that I'm running into a Magnaflow muffler. The pipe coming out of the muffler on the stock exhaust is 3" so I'm going to cut that off (and only that off, lol)and attach to the magnaflow. I'm just trying to get rid of some of the drone, if this doesn't work I'll be adding another resonator.

Mangled hand pictures cost extra Scap, lol. I think both gashes grew together weird it feels like I have big lumps in both of them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had two resonators and a muffler and still had some interior volume. Now it's a 30" resonator and a huge 4" corsa muffler. Still has some interior volume. I think the 3" system will be good with resonated downpipes. Of course if I had bigger turbos I would have a custom 3" merging to 4" ypipe made much like a nissan GTR aftermarket pipe. Mark my words that will be made once fuel and 700whp is doable.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
So deleting the stock resonator will increase turbo sound but increase cab drone as well? If I'm reading this right.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I had two resonators and a muffler and still had some interior volume. Now it's a 30" resonator and a huge 4" corsa muffler. Still has some interior volume. I think the 3" system will be good with resonated downpipes. Of course if I had bigger turbos I would have a custom 3" merging to 4" ypipe made much like a nissan GTR aftermarket pipe. Mark my words that will be made once fuel and 700whp is doable.
Godzilla...I was fantasizing about that today. What would I have to do in sales over the next 6 to 12 months to add one to the stable for my 40th birthday.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
So deleting the stock resonator will increase turbo sound but increase cab drone as well? If I'm reading this right.
Need a resonator. Cause it sits right below the back seats. If you are screw. Aero makes some nice free flowing good sounding resonators

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got an Aero in the cart if I need to add one to the system.

As for Godzilla, I'd love to have one myself....an Alpha Omega version Muhahahaha!!! Actually I'd be happy with one in general. There was one in town the other day from WY, I was sitting behind it and he took off from the light, my god does that have a bad ass exhaust note. I also think there is a local guy who has one, but he's not out in it very much. We did have a college kid in town that had an imported one, RHD, R33 flavor I think, it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Thought those cars were illegal in the states? Or just hard to import? My buddies R32 (sold)

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Godzilla...I was fantasizing about that today. What would I have to do in sales over the next 6 to 12 months to add one to the stable for my 40th birthday.
Whoa. You are about to be old.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After seeing your vid, it had to have been an R32, looked just like that but in maroon. At one point in time if you had the $$$ you could get them imported. That company has since went out of business, Motorex maybe? Not sure of who does it now, if there is anyone. I'd love to have an R34 spec v, but superb versions of those that have been imported are a bit much for my wallet. There was an R35 on eBay, white, that had been tastefully blacked out for $85k, I think I lost a months worth of baby juice on that one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
R34s can only be imported for track use....If they find it on the streets (and "they" know what it is) it will be impounded and crushed; (

I'm kinda the Nissan guy lol

A Skyline or the R35 is a dream car for me too.

View attachment 8422

I LOVE the older Skyline GTRs too, this is a '71

View attachment 8423

Who is "they?" I've been a patrol officer for 15 years and a motorhead for as long as I've been breathing o2 and I don't have a clue what ya'll are talking abuot... LOL Is there some secret black suit wearing government sponsored Anti-Nissan agency that I'm not aware of? And where in this country would it ever be acceptable to simply impound a vehicle and "crush" it based on it's legality of street use? I live and work in the most communest state in this nation and I've never heard of a vehicle receiving a death sentance at the moment of impound.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are R34's with legit VIN's that are not restricted to "track use". If it was imported correctly it would have been okayed by DOT to receive a legit VIN. In any case if that is your car you have very sweet wheels on it. I'm really digging them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've done aero mufflers on everything I've driven. Sounds the best out the pipe but I've never run one of their 3" resonators. Post vids. You're a tune junky...I'm an exhaust junky

·
Registered
750 Posts
R34s can only be imported for track use....If they find it on the streets (and "they" know what it is) it will be impounded and crushed; (

I'm kinda the Nissan guy lol

A Skyline or the R35 is a dream car for me too.

View attachment 8422

I LOVE the older Skyline GTRs too, this is a '71

View attachment 8423
I with you on that I would love a skyline! Maybe in the next five years haha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts