F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 f150 with the 2.7L ecoboost. I installed a upr catch can on truck at 43,000 miles. I haven't got 1 drop out of catch can after 2,500 miles. I double checked all connections and the install is correct. I figured something would get caught in the can. I drove truck from Florida to South Carolina and back. I also drove truck to Ohio and back. . I feel something just isn't right. I don't know what's going on. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
BTW truck has s&b cold air intake and sct gtx tuner on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know guys on a facebook group didn't start seeing stuff in their catch can until they were around 70-80k miles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,776 Posts
#1 You should have checked the connections a lot sooner than 2,500 miles if you haven't gotten a drop out of it.
#2 Long drives do not yield the results as people who drive short distances or who idle their truck a lot.

Please post up the routing of the hoses you have on the can

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#1 You should have checked the connections a lot sooner than 2,500 miles if you haven't gotten a drop out of it.
#2 Long drives do not yield the results as people who drive short distances or who idle their truck a lot.

Please post up the routing of the hoses you have on the can
I double checked all connections a week or so after install to make sure nothing came unhooked. I also tried to drain at 500 miles like upr recommends. I have checked and opened drain valve several times during that 2,500 miles. Checked about every 500 miles and not a drop.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I had high expectations to catch a lot of crap. I will keep my eye on it. I posted to see what others thought were and to see if this is normal for some trucks.

·
Administrator
9,610 Posts
Also try taking the can off and check. Sometimes folks have wound up with a layer of sludge at the bottom that keeps anything from draining. You can poke something up in there to clear it out from the bottom, but taking the can off would be a way to check for 100% sure whether anything is in there or not.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also try taking the can off and check. Sometimes folks have wound up with a layer of sludge at the bottom that keeps anything from draining. You can poke something up in there to clear it out from the bottom, but taking the can off would be a way to check for 100% sure whether anything is in there or not.

Baaaaaaaaaaa
I poked a big toothpick in ball valve on catch can already. It came back dry. I'm gonna pull can out over Thanksgiving day holiday weekend.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm also gonna pull all hoses off and make sure arrows on check valves weren't put in wrong direction from factory. Gonna make sure there isn't any restrictions or blockages in hoses.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Funny those craptastic check valves are like $1.50 for 5 on aliexpress.. Makes sense.

·
Administrator
7,776 Posts
Funny those craptastic check valves are like $1.50 for 5 on aliexpress.. Makes sense.
You are right, and if I would know ANYTHING about valves/fittings I probably would have went that way...but since I was sort of a test-mule for Joe with a few items he gave them to me at a small discount.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Don't just go by the arrows. Physically blow into it to see if it is flowing and stopping flow correctly. The ones I received were missing the little rubber part that pushes against the bead to seal. So even though I had the arrows correct, they were not stopping flow in one direction as they should.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts