F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not by any means new to car forums, and have been lurking here for a long time. I got my wife a 2014 Explorer Sport Eco in the summer and as soon as I drove it I knew my Titan's time was withering. I'm a "car guy" and appreciate all makes and models, but I've been a "Ford guy" at heart ever since my first Fox Body Mustang back in the late 90's (I've since had 5 Stangs and a Lightning). So making the move from my 06' Titan to a Eco F150 was only natural. So long story short, I sold the Titan and the search was on.
I hunted for a while all over the east coast and finally on Saturday I decided to take a road trip to Virginia to grab my new daily driver! She's a 2013 FX4 Screw in Tuxedo Black, fully loaded to the gills! I've only had it for 2 days, but I'm loving everything about this truck so far.
This forum is full of knowledge and information, I look forward to adding to it and learning from it!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yo. Welcome.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from Red Bank. . .FX4 was a good choice

I had fun in the snow. . .what a feeln

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, show us the mustangs and the L
Here's my current Stang, 2010 GT500 referenced in my Sig.

This is the one I had before the 500, a 2003 SVT Cobra Coupe with a Whipple and TONS of other mods. This car was an absolute BEAST, fastest time was 10.8 @130.

This came before the Coupe, this one's a 2003 SVT Cobra vert with a ported and polished supercharger and of course, TONS more... LOL... Best this car went was 11.70, can't remember the speed, I think it was in the mid 120's.

My Lightning was a 02', I bought it in 04' with 900 miles on it. She was probably one of my favorite cars I've ever owned, but she didn't fit in my garage so our afair didn't last long. I could stomach seeing her sit outside in the elements. She had some minor mods, exahust, intake and transmission valve body, but she was so fun to drive.

Then there was this guy, my first new car. It like many of my cars, went through a life of changes and finally ended up a street/strip car that was more "strip" LOL. This was a supercharged 2V that went low into the 11's which was pretty dam hard to do back in the day with a full weight car and a single power adder. A/C, full stereo system, full interior and all. The 2V engines weren't exactly the best for making gobs of power, but I managed to get this one to make 500 to the wheels.

One of my old Fox Body's, its a 93 LX hatch. This car wasn't anything special speed wise but the paint was pretty slick. It was a "flip flop" color before the "flip flop" colors became mainstream. It started with a base of pearl white with layers of steel blue frost and some kind of chamilion looking brownish purple. It was pretty cool looking.

The one that started it all, a 93 LX hatch. This was my first Ford and my first full engine build on my own; I think I was about 18 when I bought it. She went 12.50's naturaly aspirated, after the engine build.

Before that I was primarily a classic Chevy guy. This was my first car, a 68' Chevelle SS clone. I loved that car, still miss it very much. I bought it when I was 16 and had it running 12's before I graduated high school.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Beautiful collection you've had. I love mustangs. That Shelby is incredible. I'm jealous... Let's see the little ol' v6 EB

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's been really shitty here, right now it's 7* with a windchill of -3*, so I haven't had a chance to get any good pics or even clean it up. Here are a few from the ride home though.

Here's the Explorer Sport that infected me with the Eco venum...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I remember those Stangs very well. Hey those GT tail light on your first LX looked awesome...lol Look at what I found. Remember this....? I found my old 99' Roush Cobra. Same guy had it and I guess selling it a few years ago. I miss this car so much.
Memories:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome...congrats on your truck...and nice looking mustangs for sure!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts