F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
What brand are you finding to be the best as far a plugs ?
Stock plugs are best. Nothing fancy. Just gap properly. The gap is the issue. I am terrible at remembering numbers. Whatever stock is. Google around its all over the forum.

·
Vendor
7,242 Posts
Motorcraft SP-534

If tuned and some bolt ons .028 gap max

If very heavily modded, like turbos, meth, and the goods I recommend .021-.024 max.

The tighter the gap the more often you would want to change plugs . Myself, I swap at 10k.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Tuned from all most day one and have 25 thousand with no problems did gap them to 24. Why wast money changing plugs all the time? Stock trucks will last over 50 thousand and so you add a little more boost they still should go 25 thousand easy.

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
Tuned from all most day one and have 25 thousand with no problems did gap them to 24. Why wast money changing plugs all the time? Stock trucks will last over 50 thousand and so you add a little more boost they still should go 25 thousand easy.
My buddy with a 2012 Eco started to misfire like crazy at 65K miles on his stock, un-gapped plugs. I swapped them out for him and no more misfire or codes. I like for my truck to run the "best" it can, so $40-$50 dollars every 15K miles is nothing to me.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
They doubled in price due to all ecoboost owners changing them.
Yup. $120 for 6 plugs up here. Where it was $63 before. Oh well, still worth it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Checked mine Saturday at 16k miles they were a loose .034 so set them at .030. Not too bad of a job even for this 68 year old short guy.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
They doubled in price due to all ecoboost owners changing them.
sucks, even the amazon price is $2.50 more than what they used to be.

They are now DOUBLE the price of what they used to be at O'Reilly too.
they were 3.99 when i bought 12 a couple months back. PLan on doing mine every 2 years, so hopefully in another 3 years, the price will be like a dollar.

Yup. $120 for 6 plugs up here. Where it was $63 before. Oh well, still worth it.
120 pesos or what? There is not way they are dollars. It is a spark plug?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
they were 3.99 when i bought 12 a couple months back. PLan on doing mine every 2 years, so hopefully in another 3 years, the price will be like a dollar. 120 pesos or what? There is not way they are dollars. It is a spark plug?
$20 a plug now in Canada. Used to be $10.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
$20 a plug now in Canada. Used to be $10.
Yes, retail at Ford in Canada due to exchange (and Ford's greed). But bargains are still available in the US if you are willing to drive across the border for other things. Gas is cheaper too

With the US/CAD exchange, a LOT of things are going to get more expensive in Canada.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Middle right side.... This is at 29,000

image.jpg

·
Registered
579 Posts
Middle right side.... This is at 29,000

View attachment 44788
. A couple of q's. Did you crack the porcelain on the way out or did you have a serious misfire? Second is the orange ring around the base of the porcelain normal?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts