F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
1,847 Posts
My first 2012 EB I went 100k, second 2016 EB running great at 60k. If it's not broke, why fix it?
Holy thread revival Batman. Pretty sure this is called preventative maintenance. Might surprise you but many subscribe to this practice. So you adhere to 10,000 mile oil change intervals as well? I’m glad your chosen path has worked for you but I dare say you are the exception to the rule.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Holy thread revival Batman. Pretty sure this is called preventative maintenance. Might surprise you but many subscribe to this practice. So you adhere to 10,000 mile oil change intervals as well? I’m glad your chosen path has worked for you but I dare say you are the exception to the rule.
That's where people are getting these poorly maintained ECO's, and coming to the forums with a truck with a glut of problems. People who say "good enough". Why maintain when you can trade in and pass the problem off?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
My first 2012 EB I went 100k, second 2016 EB running great at 60k. If it's not broke, why fix it?
Poor sucker that buys your old trucks in for a treat. This is why I won't ever buy a lease return etc.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Brutal. I’m on 56k with my plugs and it’s still runs like new. Same gas mileage as new. I kind of get what cabman means. To a point. But I do change my oil every 4K. I don’t feel like a sucker has to buy my truck when it’s for sale.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
I've thought about the spark plug debate. Unlike the oil change interval debate, the spark plug WILL exhibit symptoms if/when just ONE of them fails to perform.

So I doubt the fellas that are getting long life are exaggerating, since they wouldn't likely just be living with a missing cylinder just to win the debate.

So based on that, I'm guessing that it probably comes down to driving habits. Depending on what kind of load you put on the truck, the environment in the cylinder can vary from benign naturally aspirated, to full on tornado at 18+PSI of forced induction with 2300lbs of direct injection pressure wash.

A spark plug in one Ecoboost may experience a very different life than it would have in another.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I've thought about the spark plug debate. Unlike the oil change interval debate, the spark plug WILL exhibit symptoms if/when just ONE of them fails to perform.

So I doubt the fellas that are getting long life are exaggerating, since they wouldn't likely just be living with a missing cylinder just to win the debate.

So based on that, I'm guessing that it probably comes down to driving habits. Depending on what kind of load you put on the truck, the environment in the cylinder can vary from benign naturally aspirated, to full on tornado at 18+PSI of forced induction with 2300lbs of direct injection pressure wash.

A spark plug in one Ecoboost may experience a very different life than it would have in another.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No it just goes back to the 5.4s with 100K mile intervals on plugs. Oh wait the spark plugs break in half on the way out and rip the threads in the heads with them...

Its $60 bucks. And 30 minutes of time. Don't need to be a mechanic to change plugs.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I thought part of the problem with the 5.4 was the original plugs went to deep in the combustion chamber. Carbon got built up on the few threads in the chamber causing it to strip on the way out.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I thought part of the problem with the 5.4 was the original plugs went to deep in the combustion chamber. Carbon got built up on the few threads in the chamber causing it to strip on the way out.
I take it you haven't pulled one of these plugs plugs before...

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Talking in the EB. Plenty of carbon at the thread base when I pulled mine the first time after only 45K km.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts