F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg image.jpg Im changing pineros plugs on his truck to the brisk race plugs. Is there a special way to get these coils out? I undid the harness and bolt and pulled up (it took some force) and it came out but the boot was stuck in the hole...went run to ford got a new boot... But i dont feel like having to replace them if its not necessary.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
That don't seem normal...They should lift straight off.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Um wtf. Twist it side to side before pullin to try and break the seal. I took all mine off with no issues at all.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Why are you breaking my crap?! lol

Reactions: OxfordFX4

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unplug, remove screw, gently twist and pull. Voila. Theses trucks are easy to change the plugs but hard on them! I have done a dozen or more plug changes in 180 thousand km!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Unplug, remove screw, gently twist and pull. Voila. Theses trucks are easy to change the plugs but hard on them! I have done a dozen or more plug changes in 180 thousand km!
I'm trying out the Brisk plugs to see if they're any better than the OEM's. Since I'm in Singapore I convinced Tyler to do it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why are you breaking my crap?! lol
I didnt want to. Im just glad that its a separate piece from the coil pack...$2.66 instead of $100ish

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
I think you're a little anal.

I checked mine at 40,000km and re-gapped other than that they are fine. Sounds like you just wasted $500+ to change your plugs every 15,000km.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts