F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told to gap my plugs to .030 and some plugs were .040 some were.030 and the rest were all inbetween..
my question is is that normal for spark plugs to all be different cap sizes? Or is it bad if they are?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yeah Ford has there gaps set all over the place, why I have no idea. Just re-gap the plugs at either .28 or .30 and you'll be good to go for running a tune. Mine factory gaps were between .33-.48

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I noticed that my idle and at high rpms I would feel a little roughness especially before the truck was fully warmed up. I figured I would pull my plugs fully expecting to find them over and inconsistently gapped. To my surprise all of my plugs were gapped at .020 to .022. I gapped them all at .030 and she has never run better. Wish I had done this when the truck was new.

SPPD

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks..
Spark plugs were all different colors too.. tips were black some yellowish and some white..
Should I replace with stock plugs gapped at .30 or get aftermarket ones

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
WOW .20...that's crazy

I'd replace them with update 2013+ OEM plugs gapped at .28-.30. Not sure of the part number on them, I can never rememeber it haha

·
Registered
868 Posts
i re-gapped mine to .030 but surprisingly they were all .032 or .034
but yes the plug gap is pretty important and should all be as close as possible.

with a big gap and some extra fuel shoved in there with 19 psi that plugs goin out some time.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have a 2013 with only 3,200 miles but I ordered more from rockauto today. Plan on changing them out and keeping the original plugs. Gap at .30 and I'll see what the original ones were gapped at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts